PDA

View Full Version : Hard, golf ball like lump on side of neck

MuBu
05-08-17, 21:33
Hi.

My health anxiety is in overdrive.

I've recently had lots of nausea (two months and still from time to time) and headaches. Fortunately the headaches have subsided in the main.

But now I've found a pretty large lump on the side of my neck. I think I felt it about three weeks ago but didn't investigate because I buried my head in the sand.

It feels like a golf ball. Hard, smooth and immovable. It's quite deep and not visible to the naked eye.

It's terrified me. What else can cause a large, immovable, solid lump? I'm obviously leading my thoughts to very negative places.

I do stress and I do worry. I've started to get counselling at work to try and help and I go on holiday tomorrow. I have just bought a new house that needs a lot of work and have a baby on the way.

Very worried.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Should also mention, when I had my nausea problems initially, I had a blood test that signalled "nothing remarkable".

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Also, how likely would it be for lymphoma lumps to be visible? Mine are not.

Fishmanpa
05-08-17, 23:22
Has a medical professional examined this "golf ball" sized lump? If so, what did they say?

Positive thoughts

MuBu
05-08-17, 23:29
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, no one has yet examined me. I am leaving on holiday tomorrow and plan to arrange a visit to the doctor as soon as I return.

It's been a very stressful period and I want to think positively on holiday and relieve some stress, but this is dominating my mind.

I have a slightly smaller feeling hardness in almost exactly the same position on the other side of my neck.

Thanks again.

MuBu
08-08-17, 13:54
The other worry I have is that I started getting a horribly itchy foot about a year ago. It cut the skin and the itching is bad at nighttime, probably after wearing socks/shoes all day. I only went to the doctors to have it looked at about three months ago and she said it was esczma and gave me some cream for it. The cream helped, but now I've run out of the cream and have the bad itching again.

The itching is just in my foot. And my foot looks dry and scaly - not nice basically.

The cream initially got rid of the rash. Would it still get rid of it if it was lymphoma?

Anxiously awaiting being back from hol to go back to the doctors.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

And I keep getting mouth ulcers. In different places. One goes, the next one appears.