PDA

View Full Version : Sore lump in armpit

BrokenGirl
05-08-17, 21:38
I'm sorry for posting again but this is the only place I can vent my problems.
A few hours ago one of my armpits got sore. I didn't bang it or anything, was wondering if I'd pulled a muscle but it doesn't feel like that either. Then I went feeling it and I can feel a small little bump, which seems to be where the soreness is coming from. I can't be sure though if this lump/bump is part of the skin or underneath it. I had a look in the mirror and I can't see anything obvious ( was hoping to see a spot or something).
I know I'm looking for reassurance here and I shouldn't be but could someone please tell me if sinister lumps are more under the skin and don't suddenly just get sore.

neuroticcat
05-08-17, 21:49
it's probably your deodorant. I used to get them a lot a while ago.
It's gonna go away in a couple of days.

crazygal
06-08-17, 21:14
Its mostly likely caused by sweat or deodorant. I get sore little bumps on my armpits every once in while. Been getting them since I was a teen. Especially in summers. Whenever your at home try and go without deodorant. Make sure to exfoliate with warm soap and water.

Mines generally disappear completely in a months time.

neonlights
06-08-17, 21:27
Have you shaved recently? Could be an ingrown hair! I was worried by a similar lump a week ago which was also sore, and it was definitely an ingrown hair from shaving!

NervUs
06-08-17, 21:38
Sounds like a lymph node possibly. I had two underarm nodes pop up earlier in the summer (about a week apart). It started out painful without lump (about one day) and then the node popped, very tender to touch. Started going down in size by the second day and completely gone by about 5 days.

I wouldn't worry too much and just track to make sure it starts going down in size within a reasonable time period (like 2 or 3 weeks).