PDA

View Full Version : I think I've found my initial trigger!!

Debden
05-08-17, 22:00
Ok so I've been wondering for ages what it was. And it turn out, acid reflux. Which causes chest pain & makes me think it's my heart- then the anxiety starts! Glad I can't finally work on it'! Does anyone else have trouble finding their trigger,

Annaboodle
05-08-17, 22:52
Took me a while, but mine is anything to do with my stomach and leaping from that directly to various Cs, or organ failure. It is not totally irrational as I had a terrible alcohol problem and so am at risk of various things. My health anxiety though spirals easily as it ties in with a lot of guilt I feel about my problem and things I've done. and a feeling that I deserve illness because of it. But I continue to try and work towards a "well, nothing you can do anyway... meh" attitude when the HA kicks off.

cattia
06-08-17, 08:46
For me I have been dealing with health anxiety most of my life so if there was an initial trigger I habe little hope of remembering it! It seems like these days anything can set it off, but for me the main issue is how I react yo bodily processes and sensations. I wish I knew why I have this crazy tendency to catastrophise everything!

Hypomean
06-08-17, 13:09
I believe that was what caused mine initially and then it just blew up to everything else wrong with me.
I've been told that acid reflux can irritate the vagus nerve and will then now you talking about more symptoms to worry about. And that's were I believe mine just went wild after that.