PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of having seizures (lacking of sleep, help me!)

deejaay2
06-08-17, 00:11
Evening all!

I have this ongoing fear of having seizures.
I've been staying up for a couple of days and haven't got any sleep due to me being anxious and I was on my cycle, but I research on what happen to you if you stay up without getting rest, I saw that seizures was one of the triggers and I start to panic:weep: I'm young (18 years old) have a life to live and don't want to go through this.

Have anyone on here stayed up all night? If so, what were your effects? I've been moody and miserable, I need sleep so bad.

But hopefully someone can answer this and I can stop worrying. Thanks.

Deanna J.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 00:14
You are not going to have seizures if you stay up for a day or two, unless you have other health problems or are elderly.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 00:19
You are not going to have seizures if you stay up for a day or two, unless you have other health problems or are elderly.

Oh my God! Thank you for responding:blush: Thought nobody was lol. But okay, cause I enjoy staying up even though it's bad. A teen like me need to get some z's lol. Thank you again, AntsyVee :)

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 00:21
Sure. It's pretty normal for teens to be night owls and then sleep late into the day. Your circadian clock will even out more as you get older.

But can I ask you why you have such an intense fear of seizures?

deejaay2
06-08-17, 00:29
Sure. It's pretty normal for teens to be night owls and then sleep late into the day. Your circadian clock will even out more as you get older.

But can I ask you why you have such an intense fear of seizures?

Lol, yeah. I really don't have a problem with staying up. Maybe because' I have a lot on my mind or just to be up to watch movies lol. But hm? I ask myself that too, I don't know why I have such an intense fear of seizures. I use to remember looking at a video of a person having one, it scared me and I feel so sad for that person. I look more into it and thought about it, wonder if it happen to me someday. But...that was just anxiety playing mind tricks on me.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 00:45
Hmm, yeah that's weird. Seizures aren't a very common fear on here, especially in people as young as you. Are you anxious in general or is it confined to solely a phobia of seizures?

deejaay2
06-08-17, 00:50
Hmm, yeah that's weird. Seizures aren't a very common fear on here, especially in people as young as you. Are you anxious in general or is it confined to solely a phobia of seizures?

It's alright to say both? I get in this anxious but depressing state. Like I'm afraid of going out somewhere, thinking something bad is going to happen. I have agoraphobia btw. -- But it might be that I'm developing a phobia for that. Don't know.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 01:12
What you're describing sounds like GAD to me...afraid something bad is going to happen all the time, not wanting to go somewhere for fear of something bad happening. That's what I have always had, along with depression. I developed PTSD in 2014.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 01:17
What you're describing sounds like GAD to me...afraid something bad is going to happen all the time, not wanting to go somewhere for fear of something bad happening. That's what I have always had, along with depression. I developed PTSD in 2014.

Oh wow, I might have to go to the doctor's then. And forgot to mention, something bad happening to me also. I'm a hypochondriac so I search up my symptoms and think I got this, that lol. That's what made me going into the depressing/anxious state. But I'm so sorry to hear that! :weep:

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 01:30
I don't think you have to go to the doctor's. The diagnosis doesn't really matter...it's how you deal with it.

I hope you keep doing things to help your hypochondria! There are literally people on here who have lost their lives and loved ones to their HA.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 01:41
I don't think you have to go to the doctor's. The diagnosis doesn't really matter...it's how you deal with it.

I hope you keep doing things to help your hypochondria! There are literally people on here who have lost their lives and loved ones to their HA.

Oh, alright. You're right. I have to! But yes, there are going to be some changes. I'm already working on how I eat and not to be lazy. :roflmao:

Aww, yeah, my aunt last year passed away. She was rushed to the hospital after having a stroke and had another one, then went brain dead and passed. I missed her so much. High blood pressure and and something else runs in our family; I don't want to be the next one having it.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 01:48
Well, you are 18. High blood pressure and strokes aren't something you will have to worry about for many years to come.

Grief and any other kinds of stress increase anxiety. Grief counseling really helped me a lot.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 01:59
Well, you are 18. High blood pressure and strokes aren't something you will have to worry about for many years to come.

Grief and any other kinds of stress increase anxiety. Grief counseling really helped me a lot.

Yeah, I'm not really worry about that honestly. My mom is thinking of signing me up for counseling or seeing a therapist. There are a lot of things I want to get off my mind.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 03:56
I think that will help you. Heck, I'd recommend every teenager go to counseling, whether they have anxiety or not. It's a hard time for everyone.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 04:38
I think that will help you. Heck, I'd recommend every teenager go to counseling, whether they have anxiety or not. It's a hard time for everyone.

Agree; this anxiety thing been going on since I had one at eleven years old. So, counseling will be good. I use to go to one back in Junior high and it sort of helped me.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 05:24
Did something trigger it at eleven? Or did it just develop slowly?

deejaay2
06-08-17, 16:46
Did something trigger it at eleven? Or did it just develop slowly?

A death in my family and I was also bullied at school.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 17:54
:weep: I'm sorry to hear that.

deejaay2
06-08-17, 17:58
:weep: I'm sorry to hear that.

It's alright. Still think about it and it affect me in a different way.

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 18:03
Well,like you said, the therapy will help with that.