PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes words lose meaning? Afraid of brain tumor

anx1ous
06-08-17, 02:15
Does anyone else get this? Sometimes when I am reading something for a split second the word I am looking at loses meaning and the letters look odd. I'm pretty scared this is from a brain tumor, as I also have deja vu a lot. I've been getting headaches too but I think those are from how I sit at the computer.

MyNameIsTerry
06-08-17, 04:51
I have has issues with cognition & memory with my anxiety over the years. I couldn't recall certain words, would have trouble spelling and my maths became poor. I've always been good at maths and my last job required it. I found myself struggling with basic addition & subtraction!

Anyone who's experienced brain fog will know how hard it can be to think during an episode. If you experience DP/DR then I think it's more likely to experience such issues too.

Even things like migraine impact on cognition. It's not easy thinking when your head is throbbing.

Given your posture issue, it may be linked to that. But it's certainly one found with anxiety too. Serotonin is used in cognition & memory and we tend to be low on that.

ScaredLizard
06-08-17, 05:25
Sounds like normal brain fog to me. There's some days I type a word and think 'Wait that's not right!' google the spelling and it was right but it doesn't look like a word to me

Also headaches from posture is a huge thing I have too! I've been trying to fix it but it's so hard