PDA

View Full Version : Dropping eyelid

Mrschurchill
06-08-17, 16:33
For the passed couple of months, I've noticed in pictures of myself that one of my eyes is almost drooping. The lid is lower than my other eye. I haven't really been worried about it, surprisingly, but should I see the doctor about it? I don't have any other symptoms to merit anything else! I'll attach some pics so you can see!

ServerError
06-08-17, 16:47
I can't see anything wrong in those pictures. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but objectively speaking, your eyelids look normal to me.

My eyelids genuinely are asymmetrical. One of them looks thicker than the other and appears to descend lower. It's been like that for years and I've honestly never worried about it, save for wondering if it's one of the many reasons I can't get a girlfriend!

Honestly, I think you have nothing to worry about this.

Mrschurchill
06-08-17, 16:56
I'm not really panicking about it but it's definitely not always been like that. My other half can see it now that I have pointed it out.

Annaboodle
06-08-17, 17:03
Looks totally normal to me. Everyone's face is asymmetrical. Have a look at photos of your favourite actors or whoever and compare their eyes and both sides of their smiles in particular.

Here's Ryan Gosling (his face is totally fine. I just like looking at Ryan Gosling. Nope, kidding - he really has a squinty face): http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52869764e4b0ef9a3d9bc889/52879622e4b09b1867fafa99/5361a175e4b02647464c0654/1411043172333/goslin-asymmetry.jpg?format=1000w

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Gawd, now I'm on some sort of weird Googling spiral. Here's Bradley Cooper http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7265946.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Bradley-Cooper.jpg

Better for everyone including myself that I stop now...

Mrschurchill
06-08-17, 17:37
it's only been like this for 3/4 months. Other people notice it now that I've pointed it out.

If you were in my shoes - does it warrant a doctor visit? X

ServerError
06-08-17, 17:50
Don't put too much stock in other people "noticing" it. People are easily led will often say anything in good faith.

If you feel you can see so something that isn't right, go to the doctor.

Annaboodle
06-08-17, 18:18
I'd go to the doc if you feel something isn't right, but I'm saying that because it applies for anything (not because I think there's anything wrong with your eye - for what little it's worth I don't think there's anything wrong, but only you will know of course).

Update on here if you do go to let us know what happens if you get a chance for other people worrying about the same thing. There's been a couple recently, but no one yet updated I don't think.

Fishmanpa
06-08-17, 19:03
Someone else posted about this just recently. My thoughts are that you're just hyper-aware and it's just part of getting older. Our bodies change in different ways. For example. Both my mom (rip) and dad have one eye that tends to drift outward when they're tired. I noticed in a few pics the last couple of years I have the same thing.

Positive thoughts