PDA

View Full Version : How to stop worrying about an irrational health fear?

JxSxNG
06-08-17, 22:34
Guess who's back again lol

So today I found a lump in one of my armpits and obviously my first instinct was /panic panic panic oh my god I have cancer I'm going to die goodbye world/ I was worried about it all damn day. But turns out it wasn't a lump, it was my bone. You know that bone you have in your forearm that connects to your shoulder? Yep, I thought that was a lump.

Now I KNOW it's my bone. It's connected to my forearm, it moves when I move my arm, it's the bone. I know it's not cancer but I'm still worried about it. Even if it was a lump, I'm 13 so the chances of me getting breast cancer are extremely low (I've probably jinxed it now lol oops) but I'm really worried about this. How can I calm myself down?

Fishmanpa
06-08-17, 22:55
I'm 13

I'm sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age. I know your doctor has you on meds and they've been helping but therapy is something that could really help you beat the dragon to the punch. Talk to you parents, a relative or a trusted adult and see if you can get some professional help.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
06-08-17, 23:18
Yes, if you even talk to your counselor at school, they often can find you a therapist.

Becazican
06-08-17, 23:54
PLEASE PLEASE get therapy from a counselor or one at schools speaking from 65 years old i have wasted years of my life worrying about things, i am in the midst of one right now. But i implore you to do it while your young. It's agony to go through life like i did.