PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound in time with heart beat

OGNinjaDon
06-08-17, 23:45
So I noticed this a few weeks ago, hoping for some reassurance.

Sometimes, when lying or sitting or standing completely at random, I will start to hear an audible popping sound in time with my heart beat.

I hear this around the nose/mouth area, my first guess would be blocked sinuses or something in the sinuses popping slightly causing a noise, but not sure if it's vascular.

My girlfriend heard it when we were lying in bed and said "what's that noise..." So it's clearly not just in my head or ears. She narrowed it down to my nose/mouth area too.

There is no pain with it, no other symptoms alongside it, occasionally I will get chest pain in the left side but feels more sharp and muscular than tight and restricting. Still though, worth mentioning.

Going to get booked in with a GP as soon as I can, I'm sure it's nothing but you know what anxiety is like! Mainly worried as it's in time with my heart making me think it's something more serious than it probably is.

EDIT: Spoke to a doctor via ring back service, he seemed to believe it had nothing to do with my heart and wasn't sinus related but was actually inside my nose, suggested using steam 3 times a day to relieve it. I tried to explain that it was actually in time with my heart beat, he said no the heart doesn't do that, it's to do with your breathing. I think he completely misunderstood and wasn't getting anywhere so we ended the phone conversation and left me feeling worried again. Will try the steam but probably going to have to force them to give me an appointment as diagnosing something like this over the phone is impossible yet he wasn't really bothered.