PDA

View Full Version : attack?!

nbs1
24-05-07, 22:10
more assurance needed :sad: . i was just sitting enjoying a film with my g/f when all of a sudden my whole left arm went really numb. this was about 10mins ago, and it still doesnt feel right. i have chest pains throughout the day every day of the week as ive mentioned on here before. i thought it would start to get better after my exams but it hasnt. ive had counselling but am still not much better, and am on beta blockers(again previously mentioned) but still feel like this on the time. i just dont no if this means it is anxiety or somethin more serious. i cannot comprehend y id feel like this after counselling, with medication and when im just relaxing not thinking about it in the slightest. i just dont understand and its driving me mad. all i get is its nothing serious from everyone but i find it impossible to believe, esp with the chest pains and numbness in arm. i also often feel spaced out. please help

Jaco45er
24-05-07, 22:23
Hi mate

I know its tough buddy, but if the doc has ruled out everything else, then it is only anxiety.

The key to overcoming anxiety is to accept that these pains are just chemicals released by the anxious sensitised mind, and these chemicals act on the bodies organs in a "fight or flight" condition.

There is a book that helped me come to terms with anxiety, and it explained the mechanism and process behind those awful feelings you are experiencing.

Its called "hope and help for your nerves" by Claire Weekes. I am sure its still in print on Amazon.

If you have not read it, I would recommend you get hold of a copy.

TC

Jaco

feartie
24-05-07, 22:29
Hi,

Just a quickie to say that when I first started getting panic attacks/suffering from anxiety, it would very often hit me right out of the blue, when I thought I was feeling absolutely fine, and wasn't consciously worrying about anything!

Take care,
Linda