PDA

View Full Version : You are what you eat - watch your diet

AussieWorrier
07-08-17, 08:47
Hi All
I have an interest in nutrition. Ive realised that when I eat healthy small amounts and exercise I feel much better physically and mentally. I know many diseases can be prevented just by eating the right foods and we should all aim to do so starting at a young age. Many of us have grown up eating bad foods and junk but its never too late to change that. I weight 25 kilos less than I did 2 years ago..why? because i was overweight I had a blood test done and it revealed high cholesterol. Now, I HATE medication and I refused to take a statin and managed to bring it down by healthy eating and exercise. There are some things in life we are not in control of and some we are ..like our food and wellbeing so I urge you all to check what you are eating and make healthy choices. Dont overeat .... eat very small amounts that are full of nutrients. Take vitamins if you need and stay away from chemicals and processed foods. The same applies to what you use on your body and skin. Use natural products. Dont expose yourself to the sun without sunscreen and a hat... dont smoke and drink if you can. Smoking is THE worse thing you can for your body. Please stop if you do. If you start to look after youself NOW you will see some great improvements over time. All it takes is some simple changes to your lifestyle. Write everything down in a diary. Take up a realxing hobby that distracts you from your anxiety (mine is knitting, Ive been doing it since I was 13 and love it). If you do develop a serious health issue in the future you will know you did your best and your chances of recovering are much better if you are healthyto start with. We are all going to die in the end, worrying about how nad when means we are robbing ourselves of the enjoyment of life and its not living. Imagine in 20 years time from now you did NOT get the disease you most feared (like cancer etc) ...what a waste the past 20 years would have been wouldnt it? take life one day at a time, dont worry about the future. Someone with great health could be hit by a car and die suddenly whilst someone with terminal cancer could live 10 years more than the doctor predicted! Just LIVE BREATH and RELAX and stop looking up rare disease !! (Ive never seen so many weird diseases than I have on this site):roflmao:

HappyBread
07-08-17, 08:56
Hi All
I have an interest in nutrition. Ive realised that when I eat healthy small amounts and exercise I feel much better physically and mentally. I know many diseases can be prevented just by eating the right foods and we should all aim to do so starting at a young age. Many of us have grown up eating bad foods and junk but its never too late to change that. I weight 25 kilos less than I did 2 years ago..why? because i was overweight I had a blood test done and it revealed high cholesterol. Now, I HATE medication and I refused to take a statin and managed to bring it down by healthy eating and exercise. There are some things in life we are not in control of and some we are ..like our food and wellbeing so I urge you all to check what you are eating and make healthy choices. Dont overeat .... eat very small amounts that are full of nutrients. Take vitamins if you need and stay away from chemicals and processed foods. The same applies to what you use on your body and skin. Use natural products. Dont expose yourself to the sun without sunscreen and a hat... dont smoke and drink if you can. Smoking is THE worse thing you can for your body. Please stop if you do. If you start to look after youself NOW you will see some great improvements over time. All it takes is some simple changes to your lifestyle. Write everything down in a diary. Take up a realxing hobby that distracts you from your anxiety (mine is knitting, Ive been doing it since I was 13 and love it). If you do develop a serious health issue in the future you will know you did your best and your chances of recovering are much better if you are healthyto start with. We are all going to die in the end, worrying about how nad when means we are robbing ourselves of the enjoyment of life and its not living. Imagine in 20 years time from now you did NOT get the disease you most feared (like cancer etc) ...what a waste the past 20 years would have been wouldnt it? take life one day at a time, dont worry about the future. Someone with great health could be hit by a car and die suddenly whilst someone with terminal cancer could live 10 years more than the doctor predicted! Just LIVE BREATH and RELAX and stop looking up rare disease !! (Ive never seen so many weird diseases than I have on this site):roflmao:

Hahaha loving the spirit in this post XD

Congrats btw on the weightloss thing. I was overweight in the past and have lost them through proper diet and exercise too so I know what you've gone through and what you mean about all the nutrition stuff with exercise.

They do work! We just need to remain disciplined and continue to work at it.

Just like our life, our body is forever a work in progress. It's either going to be better / healthier or worse / unhealthier lol.

Keep up the good work eh? :) And watch out for them traffic! XD

samina77
08-08-17, 16:15
Thank you Aussie, I love this post! And you are SO right :D

BazB44
08-08-17, 18:35
Paleo Diet is said to be pretty good for people with anxiety and depression. Dr Terry Wahls overcame a bad form of MS with Paleo

pulisa
08-08-17, 19:28
Paleo Diet is said to be pretty good for people with anxiety and depression. Dr Terry Wahls overcame a bad form of MS with Paleo

I find that hard to believe.

AussieWorrier
08-08-17, 22:30
paleo is very popular and I know many people have benefited from it. I personally like the blood group diet (dadamo.com) and the wheat belly one :)

Cece6
08-08-17, 22:37
Love this! I also knit, crochet and spin on a wheel. Saved my life :yesyes:

jj1995
09-08-17, 00:43
yes id love to be vegan but i love me some maccies so not just yet :D