PDA

View Full Version : Struggling .

Fearfull
07-08-17, 10:16
Im struggling to accept that these chest pains , palpitations and other chest symptoms arent anything dangerous. Ive had a stress test , an echocardiogram and a ct calcium score done this year and nothing out of the ordinary has been found but yet im still thinking it heart related and somethings going to happen. I get pressure feeling in chest aswell as chest pains . When i speak to my doctor she says its all anxiety related because the heart tests have been fine but i dont know how to accept this. Living in constant fear is really draining me . Just not sure what to do anymore

S.B
07-08-17, 11:17
oh man, did I write this post? Honestly, sounds just like me. Let's think...

You get a warning light on your oven saying filament needs changing. You buy a new filament and install it but the warning still displays? What gives? You could spend more money and time getting another new filament or you could realise that it's not the filament but the sensor that is dodgy.

It's similar to health anxiety. You experienced chest pain so you had tests. The tests say nothing is wrong but you still have chest pain. So you could waste time and money on more tests which would reveal the same results as before or you could recognise that it's the brain that is causing the problem here.

The source of the issue is the way the mind is responding to emitional triggers and thats the bit that needs fixing.

Easier said than done, mind.

S.B