PDA

View Full Version : It's back. With avengence! 100× worse than before!

KrazyK
07-08-17, 13:20
I came off meds when I fell pregnant with my daughter. Shes now 3 months old and up until a couple of weeks ago I have kept most thoughts in check.
But not now!
For past 2weeks shes stopped sleeping through the night, this has affected my GAD and OCD.
Since my daughter was born I barely put her down. When she has the tiniest sniffle I think we need to go to A&E (we did nearly lose her at birth)
My son is off school for the summer (3.5yrs) and does everything he can to puposely argue with me. I have spoken to a few people who think he may have ADD!! Great!
But this week I have had two. TWO panic attacks!!
I keep rhinking my husband is going to leave me and doesnt want to be with me or love me anymore!
My son is having a very negative effect on my GAD as I am to scared to leave the house due to his behaviour, that alongside my daughter hating the car seat and having to stop and calm her if shes not in a deep sleep every 2mins!

I called the doctor today and he has given me 20mg citelplan i asked for 30mg but he wanted to start me on 20mg. I have luckily got some beta blockers so been trying to take them.

Why oh why has it suddenly hit me?
Why am I getting worse thoughts than ever before (husband leaving)
Why cany I put my baby down for fear something bad will happen to her?

I am a complete mess! Not sleeping or eating, rarely even showering unless I have to leave the house. I think this is the worst my GAD and OCD has ever been.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

What do you do when its your childs behaviour thats causing your anxiety/panic attacks?????

I must be the worst mother in the world :'(

snowghost57
08-08-17, 01:38
My therapist told me to write the situation down. This is an excerpt from a book "The feeling good handbook" by David Burns, M.D.

What is the situation? Only the facts.

Thoughts or beliefs? Self talk.

Feelings, how do you feel as a result of your thoughts?

Dispute thoughts or beliefs. What is unrealistic in your thinking? What are your dogmatic shoulds and musts?

I don't "fight" anxiety. I challenge my thoughts, I ask myself what value do they have? I started out by writing them down, now I do it in my head.

I did these steps 20 times a day if I had too. I've been thinking about anxiety and we keep saying it came back, it's bothering me again. There is no IT, we are in control of our thoughts. Someone posted on here that a thought is a wisp of wind or smoke. We have to get out of our own heads!

We can overcome anxiety! It takes work and practice.

Do this or take drugs, it's your choice.

scareeed
08-08-17, 01:48
Snowghost 57 how do you know if its just a thought or sonething you believe in,since i have gad i dont know any more. If its just a thought and we know it, why is it bothering us that much ?

braindead
08-08-17, 12:57
if you have been ill before with mental illness you will have post natal depression with the new baby . Your back on your meds so in a few weeks you should be good, ask your doc for a 3 week low benzo supply so you can nuke the panic attacks.:bighug1:

swipka777
04-10-17, 15:11
Maybe you need to ask your family doctor about this disorder? I used to have some mental disorders but now I feel ok. I was reading some books concerning my problem and was inspired by Emma Lachey (https://bestcarseathub.com/about/), who is amazing woman.