PDA

View Full Version : Defending my thesis... major anxiety :)

BlueEyesShining
07-08-17, 15:44
So, in the end of this month or in the beginning of September, I am defending my Master thesis, if everything works as planned.

I have worked on it a long time and I am satisfied with my work. In a week or so I should give the paper to my mentor for a check. Then, hopefully, the date is going to be scheduled. Even though, I am sure that I will have to make some corrections, maybe even a couple of times.

Me and my mentor have amazing communication and she is really eager to help. The thing is, the summer break at my Uni will be over in a week, so I suppose it will be the best time to contact my mentor?

I am really anxious, but it is not such a bad kind of anxiety. I am actually very motivated and ready to do it, but the thing is that I cannot stop thinking about it. I have an obsessive personality and I am literally occupied with those thoughts, day and night. I even dream about it.

Has someone defended a Master thesis, how was it?
How can I stop obsessing about it? I would be very thankful to hear your opinion and advice.

AntsyVee
07-08-17, 18:55
I was nervous when I defended mine, and I rarely get nervous in front of crowds. I think it's just one of those things that everyone gets nervous for...and usually the panel knows that. They expect everyone to have the jitters. You'll do fine; I did.

The best thing would be to keep yourself distracted with hobbies or work until the time comes. If you have trouble sleeping the nights leading up to it, I suggest taking a Benadryl or a Xanax or something before bed. That's what I do on nights leading up to big events.