PDA

View Full Version : Im Scared My Fear Will Come Back..

MariMari19
08-08-17, 01:01
So I have OCD. I was prescribed Paxil for it. 30 mg. I sopped cold turkey one week because I moved houses and I kept forgetting. I started having tingly feelings in my lady parts... I thought for like 3 days I had PGAD (Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder) I thought I would soon start having orgasms every second.

Anyway I started taking the medicine again and over the course of 3 days it went away... just now some light tingling in my back.

Today I felt really .... horny... and I tried masturbating but because of the medication Im very numb down there and theres no way I can orgasm.

Im so scared that the PGAD will come back because it started with me feeling horny last time. Im so scared Im crying :(

MyNameIsTerry
08-08-17, 05:14
Isn't PGAD pretty uncommon? From what you describe it doesn't sound like you have.

I think it's more likely you experienced withdrawal and that med is noted as one of the two hardest antidepressants to withdraw from.

The fact it came when you stopped and days later disappeared shows the connection. And meds take time to build up to their steady-state in your blood plasma during which time they are reaching more stable levels.

These meds can also have sexual side effects such as lack of libido, struggling to orgasm, etc. Without checking the side effects I can't be sure but it is common to SSRI's in general so it's very likely.

MariMari19
09-08-17, 22:20
Isn't PGAD pretty uncommon? From what you describe it doesn't sound like you have.

I think it's more likely you experienced withdrawal and that med is noted as one of the two hardest antidepressants to withdraw from.

The fact it came when you stopped and days later disappeared shows the connection. And meds take time to build up to their steady-state in your blood plasma during which time they are reaching more stable levels.

These meds can also have sexual side effects such as lack of libido, struggling to orgasm, etc. Without checking the side effects I can't be sure but it is common to SSRI's in general so it's very likely.

Maybe.... today I have the tingling again in my lady parts it almost feels like an itch. I hope this isn't forever because this would be so debilitating. I wish I never started Paxil