PDA

View Full Version : running

running
26-05-07, 08:52
hello everone this has taken me a long time to have the bottle to even
introduce myself
I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for eight years on and off
I am not sure which one is the worst at times it seems one triggers the other
I have just started counselling so things aready seemed 100 times worst i am just hoping it will make a difference because the tablets(citalopram and oxazepram) do not seemed to be helping at the monment

TAKE CARE running

Jaco45er
26-05-07, 09:04
Hi Running

Welcome to NMP. You will find lots of support here

Best wishes

Jaco

honeybee3939
26-05-07, 09:56
Hi Running

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends also.:)

Glad to hear you have started Councilling,im sure it will be of benefit so stick at it hun!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
26-05-07, 10:11
Hi there, running :welcome: to you!

Pleased to meet you!

I also had counselling whilst taking Citalopram and found it very successful - hope it will be the same for you:)

Counselling does tend to appear to make things worse at first, but try not to worry about this too much, it's just the things that you need to deal with coming to the surface!

:flowers:

Dave777
26-05-07, 10:28
Hello Running, you've made an important first step, welcome to NMP.
Plenty of people who'll listen if you need a chat

Dave:)

manmoor
26-05-07, 10:34
Hi Running,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

heths
26-05-07, 10:39
Hi Running and welcome,

It took me a while to post on here too when I first joined.

You'll find lots of support and understanding on here,

Heather :)

Pink Princess
26-05-07, 12:51
hi and welcome to nmp, you will get a lot of advice here and support and make many friends along the way. take kare xxxxxxx

nomorepanic
26-05-07, 14:12
Hi Running

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

SANDYJANE
26-05-07, 17:38
hi and a big warm welcome

love sandy xxx

happyone
26-05-07, 19:53
Hi Running,
I too have anxiety and depression and I sympathise with how one sets the other off. When I am not as depressed, I am not as anx, but it depresses me if I get overly anx! Chicken and egg eh?
there are some lovely (well loads, not just some!) nice people here.

I am also on Citalopram and I have had CBT. It was suggested to me though that CBT is more effective for anxiety if you are less depressed!
I have found doing a daily relaxation/meditation has helped me enormously.

Happyone
xx

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 04:20
Hi Running,

A friendly welcome to the site. I don't know how long you have been on the meds but sometimes they take long to kick in. Counseling too can take awhile too. The good news is you are doing everything you can to help yourself. So glad you joined here this is the right place and you will find many who can relate to what you are going through.

Laura :)