PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new to this forum

innocenteyes
26-05-07, 20:40
Hi there everyone,

I am new, just joined today.

I have suffered from general anxiety for about 2 years now. It sort of comes and goes but at the moment, for the last week I have been stuck in an anxious state and cant seem to get out of it.

I am sure you all know how it goes.

Feeling sick, dry mouth (hard to swallow food), trembling, feeling weak and miserable. Knowing these are irrational thoughts and just sensations and they cant help me seems to NOT help at all. I am quite upset about it and feel so ill, can anyone help????

I did invest in the Linden Method last year...has anyone heard of this?

write back xxx

Insomniac
26-05-07, 22:18
Hi there and welcome.

I have been here a while and always find useful advice and support. I don't know the Linden method sorry. But there's some useful info in the self help bit listed on the main menu. Sorry to hear you are feeling rough. I know what u mean though, even when you know its irrational, its hard to stop symptoms increasing. The breathing exercises are my most effective help, that and consciously lowering my shoulders. They get all high up and tense, lowering them helps relax the muscles there. It usually needs doing more than once, but I smile when I do it and think oh there they go again, get back down.

Hope this helps you. Its always good to know you're not alone.

yorkylover
26-05-07, 22:35
Hi and :welcome: you will get lots of support here and advise.:hugs:

groovygranny
26-05-07, 22:49
Hello innocenteyes, :welcome: to you!

Sorry, I can't comment on the Linden Method I'm afraid, I tackled my anx and pa's with medication and counselling, but I expect you'll hear from some who have!

You will get plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
26-05-07, 23:00
Hi

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice and support here while making new friends too.:)

Take a look at the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, you will find them helpful.

Also by using the search facility at the top of this page and placing the words Linden Method you will find many posts of interest.:)

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

belle
26-05-07, 23:05
Hi and welcome.

x

trac67
27-05-07, 01:36
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 04:14
Hi,

A friendly welcome to you. Sorry I don't know the Linden method either. You will get help from this site.

Laura :)