PDA

View Full Version : Can you help!

samjane
27-05-07, 08:32
Dear All

I was wondering if there is anybody that lives near me that would like to meet up:flowers: I have been living down here for just over 2 years and all I seem to do is work.:wacko:

I do have friends at work but due to being there manager and also the fact that they are so young I find socializing with them a bit odd (going to clubs drinking flaming shots, eat kebabs :emot-puke: and hooking up with very dodgy blokes LOL)

I live in New Milton but work in a place called Tuckton, and would love to have a mate to go have lunch or a coffee once in a while.

I will be going to the meet up in Highcliffe, so be nice to see you all. :D

If there is any one out the please leave a message or feel free to PM me :winks:

Love Sam X

:yesyes:

joy
27-05-07, 21:28
too old to be your friend makes a change from being too young, however hows the anxiety these days. Last time we heard from you, it was bad again and you wanted to know about passionflower!

Joy

samjane
28-05-07, 09:03
OH Joy you are not too old to be my friend, and thanks for remembering me. As for the passionflower :flowers: I have to say it did not work for me. I have made great steps in over coming my anxiety and fingers crossed it looks like I am winning. :yesyes:

Like I said in my post the only thing missing is a friend I have a very good understanding husband but miss someone to talk to about other things, I still keep in touch with friends from back home but get to see them once in a while due to my work.:wacko:

Joy I don’t know were you live or even if you are looking for a coffee buddy but if you are interested then please be in touch.:D

Love Sam x

Jaco45er
28-05-07, 09:13
I am having trouble coming to terms with hitting 40, but please please tell me, am I really too old for Kebabs now? I can't see me eating anything else on the way back from the pub ;)

samjane
28-05-07, 09:52
:sign20: No Hun not a problem to eat kebabs on the way back from the pub just as long as it is not accompanied by renditions of Abba Dancing queen:yahoo: , being sick in a hanging basket that you thought would be great to swing from, it fell down and now with your head in it say “I am never going to drink again” bring up all that you drank and also the kebab.
One shoe on the other in your hand skirt that looks (and probably is a boob tube:blush: :blush: ) up around your waist.

You see that is a night out on the town with my girls from work, I love them dearly and they are such nice people but I have to say the above is not my idea of a night out apart from the kebab as I do like them and judging my jelly belly a bit to much. :whistles:
Love Sam X

samjane
28-05-07, 09:58
Jaco have a look at my profile, that picture is of me just back from the pub but what you cant see is the burger and chips that my sister is holding for me in the back ground.

(nice glasses LOL)

Jaco45er
28-05-07, 10:02
ROFL Apart from Abba, sounds like the perfect night ;)

Cheers for the laugh, god knows I need one this morning :)

Jaco

joy
28-05-07, 16:11
samjane
Good job you have got an understanding husband with all this going out etc and not to mention kebab breath!!!

So explain the giant steps?? I do giant steps then fall over!!!

Love Joy

Piglet
28-05-07, 17:02
Joy - how old is too old hun and are you gonna try and make the meet up now we've moved it to the 8th???

Love Piglet :flowers:

joy
28-05-07, 17:28
knocking on the doors of 60 next year, Fat to old to suffer this nonsense of anxiety , i should know better!!!

Maybe on the 8th but dunno when or how long my son is staying

Love Joy

joy
28-05-07, 17:29
or course I meant to type far too old to suffer etc

samjane
28-05-07, 18:50
Joy hun 60 is not old, now 160 that’s old and bloody amazing :ohmy: , my husband was very happy for me to go out as that was one of my giant steps first time out in 3 years (to a pub that is) don’t think my sister would take me out again mind you, did make a bit of a fool of myself :blush: well that’s what you get for not drinking and thinking I will just have the 1 or 10 for Dutch courage.:yesyes: :wacko:

Love Sam x

PS I will fingers cross make it to the meet up and if I do get there I promise no alcohol and there wont be a kebab in sight. :sign20:

joy
28-05-07, 19:18
meant to type far too old etc

joy
28-05-07, 19:35
so your recommendation for recovery is to go to the pub and fall out again!!!! Come on i wanted some sensible tips!
when i came to your dentist last they didnt have any toothpaste!!!! Bit like a pub with no beer!!!

Love Joy

samjane
01-06-07, 07:09
Joy you will be pleased to know that we now sell tooth paste at the surgery LOL:) , do you come to the practice in Tuckton?:yesyes:

It would be so nice to know who you are but I understand (pt confidentiality) as for me going out and getting drunk I think I can safely say that will not be happening again :blush: (bit to old LOL)

Love Sam X

joy
01-06-07, 12:55
I meant the dentist didnt have any toothpaste to do the scale and polish with!!!!

You probably do know who I am, theres not many Joys in Tuckton!!

Yes I attend your surgery!

love joy

samjane
01-06-07, 17:31
Oh Joy how embarrassing LOL, :blush: well we have some now. I have to say that when I went to work today and we have a few I think I know who you are it’s a possibility of 2, and I have to say you are both nice people.

Be nice to meet you one day :yesyes: :flowers:

Love Sam

joy
01-06-07, 18:31
was there any doubt I'm a nice person??? if i can work in charity shops i must be, working in all that mess and for nothing.

Does that answer your puzzling

Joy

samjane
02-06-07, 08:48
Oh my god, :ohmy: you are the lady from my most favorite shop in Tuckton LOL oh Joy you have made my day :yesyes: , and you saying that you are to old to be my friend you look as fresh as a daisy. :flowers:

We must have a coffee one day, and yes you are a lovely lady.

I can’t stop smiling :D

Love Sam x

Jaco45er
02-06-07, 10:24
Cool, you 2 know each other.

Joy the nice lady from Tuckton

Samjane the kebab munching hellraiser ;) from the same area

Nice one :)

Jaco

samjane
02-06-07, 14:45
We plan to do a duet very soon :sign20: the strange thing is i see this lovly lady alot and never knew who she was but now i do how cool is that.:yesyes:

Love Sam x

joy
02-06-07, 16:15
Lovely lady bloody hell did you have your glasses on???? The last time I saw you was in Age Concern with my new doggie.
I sound like Mrs Overall being called the lady from the charity shop!! Sam the manageress calls me her adopted Mum but I expect theres room for another Sam in my life
I have been crippled the last year with anxiety since coming off Seroxat and it not working again. Funny how you dont know whats going on in people lives cos I would never have guessed about your probs you little confident looking person you!!
Of course you may not want to meet me now I'm a finalist in the May monthly quiz!!!!!

Love Joy

samjane
02-06-07, 18:29
Joy I would never have said that you were a fellow sufferer; you come across as such a strong confident person.:ohmy:

I feel for you as I have been a sufferer for many years and have had some horrendous times, the other day was a good example I was at work and thought I will just pop up the road and see Sam as soon as I got half way up the road I had the most terrifying feeling that I was going to pass out :huh: and had to turn and run back to the practice. People in the village must think I am mad :wacko: lol but there are good days and if I can ever do anything to help you know were I am :yesyes: , when you are next passing please pop into the practice and I will make you a coffee. Look forward to seeing you soon I hope.

Love Sam :hugs:
PS how is your sweet new dog

joy
02-06-07, 19:19
Sweet new doggie is fine thank you and keeping me fit with all the walking. At present i'm giving acupuncture a try ,well I've had one session! when you ran back to the practice did the feeling pass. My trouble is when i wake up I know almost straight away that its gonna be a good or bad time so whatever the feeling stays all day. So on a bad day I'm prob not around the village but wondering over Hengistbury head etc. Unlike you i'm on meds but nothing has worked since seroxat, but when i was on it i was great for years until i stupidly decided i didnt need it, No-one told me sometimes it doesnt work again in fact it seems to damage you for anything else either.I am loads better than last year but ride a daily roller coaster of uncertainly. Like today I was in the shop acting the clown full of beans but two days ago yuk!!!

Hey Ho enough of that, are you in the shop all the day??

Next time i have a bouncy day i'll pop in

Isnt this so totally weird??? Of course I knew about you last year from some postings when I threatened to come into the dentists wearing a banana behind my ear to identify myself. Never did of course, too busy panicky and avoiding people. I have to say the other Sam has been great to me throughout this .

see you soon!!!!!

samjane
03-06-07, 07:55
When I run back to my safe place then yes I do feel better, it’s such a pain in the bum and seems to dominate a lot of my life. At one point I was agoraphobic stayed in the house for 18 months it was such a terrifying time of my life. The doctors wanted to put me on all sorts of meds but in never took them, that’s a lie I did take one for about 2 days felt so ill I stopped.

Sam is such a nice lady wish I had someone I could talk to but not one member of my staff know about my anxiety and all my friends are back home, Naps is good but does lose his patients with me at times.

Even on my bad days I still go to work and just try and work my way through them, I don’t get attacks so much as the fear with out the symptoms if you get me I suffer bad with dizziness and then think that I am going to pass out very odd.

I did try hypnotherapy for a while a very good way to relax but crap for panic attacks:weep: .
Yes Hun I am at the practice all week apart from the 6th when I have to go to a meeting in Poole (oh good I hate going there).:wacko:

So feel free to drop by just ask the girls on reception to see me and they will inform me.:yesyes:

See you soon:hugs:

Love Sam X

joy
03-06-07, 08:27
You poor thing , how did you ever manage to get out of the house eventually. I think I'm slightly different cos on an anxious day i'm anxious indoors or out,so no escape!!!!I used to have severe dizziness years and years ago and had all sorts of tests and eventually the medics said it was anxiety but I wasnt then!
I also tried hynotherapy and thought it was totally silly, this woman kept saying your are getting totally relaxed etc etc and I wanted to jump up and say Oh no I'm not!!!

You say the girls at work dont know about how you feel so how do you explain it to them when you rush back into work etc???
The other Sam has all the problems of the world on her shoulders and she manages to hold it all together.
Have you ever had any of these talking therapies that are the buzz words these days?
I have to say I had a lesson in EFT and thought it was so silly I couldnt stop laughing but now I see that Paul McKenna uses it,so maybe theres summat in it but I cant get it!

Try and get in sometime this week

Love Joy

samjane
03-06-07, 08:48
I never seem to get panicky when I am in the house, and it’s odd because my life worries never seem to make my anxiety worse I mean at the moment I am the only one working and there is no way on earth that I am going to pay the rent this month but I think “well I am trying my best, working my butt of what more can I do”.

As for the girls at work I must hide it so well. I never rush into the practice, I stand outside the back door compose myself then just stride in like nothing has happened LOL.

I have had to make some sharp exits out of meeting before but just gone out gathered my thoughts had a fag and gone back in with a big smile on my face saying “sorry for that I needed the loo” LOL

I am sure some people must know but they are to polite to say anything or they just think that I am mad.:madness:

I am reading a book at the moment on EFT trying to get my head around it, thinking about it I may sit in the garden and read it today.:yesyes:

At the height of my agoraphobia I could not even walk to the end of my path to put the rubbish out but the strange thing is when people say to me how did you get over it I cant remember things just started to get better. I forced myself to go back to work and that helped because I am sue that some days if I did not work I would sit and rot at home .:wacko:

OH the lives we lead LOL but I will never let it beat me.

Love Sam x

joy
03-06-07, 13:57
how come you are the only one working, or have you got a house husband??

i know you told me once in the charity shop before we knew each other was barking(LOL) where you came from before you graced the Dorset area but I cant remember.

See you real soon

EEK, i feel all exposed!

Love Joy

samjane
03-06-07, 15:16
Don’t feel exposed hun LOL. I am the only one that works cos since moving down here Nap has not been able to find work (bummer) never mind I do believe there are better things to come.

I am from a place called Reading Junction 4 of the M4 nice!!! (not) I was borne in a lovely place called Henley –On- Thames (very nice) we have been down here over two years time seems to fly.

Anyway see you soon

Love Sam x

Yvonne
03-06-07, 19:12
I met Joy on this website about 10 months ago and we have been chatting on msn ever since and have become great friends. What a lovely lady she is - just a shame that she lives so far away from me. If she lived closer I know she and I would be having coffee on a daily basis and walking our doggies together.

I'm getting a wee bit jealous cos Joy has you nice people living on her doorstep and I have no one here in beautiful downtown Colchester.

I have posted before asking if there is anyone living in Colchester who suffers the dreaded but unfortunately no luck so far.

Get the message? Anyone out there suffering anxiety/panic/depression and would like someone to share experiences get in touch.
Take care all. x

Yvonne

joy
03-06-07, 19:13
what does he do? I know Henley quite well actually.

samjane
03-06-07, 19:23
I miss Henley it’s such a beautiful place I lived just of the Reading road, we had a stunning house but my mum and dad divorced and we had to sell up then we went to live in a smaller house about a mile away from our old place. All my family are from there my grandfather owned the milk business “Mather’s dairy’s” unfortunately he passed away in January.

As for Napoleon he was an IT manager but has applied for every job going since we have been here it’s such a huge strain on us but we get by JUST. Never mind I keep positive about it like I said there are better things to come.

It’s nice having you to talk to Joy and I am so looking forward to having that coffee. Thanks for listening. How do you know Henley?

Love Sam X

joy
03-06-07, 19:45
well used to live in Harrow and Henley was a nice place to go to for a day out. Henley is beautiful but I find living round here truly beautiful. Stick with me kid, we've got a boat so play your cards right i'show you the beauty of the river!!Unless of course you get river sick!!!!!How come you came down here anyway? We came cos my hubby retired!

Love Joy

samjane
03-06-07, 20:03
Better life, I only worked 3 miles from my home I could not walk it as I would have to have crossed the motorway so I had to drive and on a good day it would take 30 mins and on a bad day it could take up to an hour :ohmy: , we had very noisy neighbors. The place we lived you would never go out after dark and the house got broken into 3 times so moving seemed the best thing to do lol. :wacko:

Nap’s lived in Benson that is another lovely place to live but both Henley and Benson was just too expensive to live so we decided to sell up and move. :yesyes:

And no I don’t get river sick but I do get sea sick (don’t think there the same are they)

Love Sam X

joy
03-06-07, 20:30
i only go out on the river when its flat calm anyway

Interesting name your hubbys got, you should be josephine as your NMP name.

Tuesday i have the dubious delights of helping out at the church OAP lunch club. Thank god it only happens once a month as its totally exhausting. We cook and serve a 3 course lunch for about 45 oldies for £3 perhead.

I have had some awful times there with panic but also some really fun times .

Love joy