PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue

Merlinssister
15-11-04, 19:58
I'm really struggling with this symptom at the moment, and of course the more tired I get the more down I feel.

Any helpful hints people have? Am back to working full time now, and it is our busiest time, but I just can't seem to find the energy from anywhere at the moment.

seh1980
15-11-04, 20:22
hello there,

Are you getting enough sleep?

Have you tried any of the energy drinks?

Sarah :D

Meg
15-11-04, 20:41
Hi

This often comes after acute anxiety .

Its can be a lack of nutrients - often minerals. It uses up so much being acute and panicking

The energy drinks are packed with simple sugars and often caffiene so great providing you don't react to a sugar/caffiene surge .

I can recommend a supplement if you decide you want to go down that route.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

lainey
17-11-04, 16:00
Hi there

I used to get a lot of fatigue and then started taking Vit B Complex capsules along with Vit C and it made such a difference to my energy levels. Make sure also that you are eating properly and drinking enough water. Hope this helps.
Take care

Elaine xx

Merlinssister
17-11-04, 23:32
Thanks guys. Sleep is good some nights, and not so good others. I have started taking Magnesium OK on top of my normal multi vit, to help with the PMT, which has a bit. Meg, any suggestions on anything else would be helpful. Am trying to avoid caffeine as I do drop afterwards.

A lot of it feels more like emotional exhaustion, so am not sure what to do about that. Just hoping that after my 14 hour day I'll get some sleep tonight.

Of course, not worrying about it would probably help too. :p

Meg
17-11-04, 23:46
As Lainey says Vit B is vital for anxiety as having anxiety and panic depletes us of so much - so if you're not on a Vit B complex with 50 mg then I suggest you try that first .

Quest do a good Vit B and C complex . Take in am .

I guess I assumed most people are on this already .

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Merlinssister
19-11-04, 20:56
I think I probably need to go into one of the health stores and get a new combination of things, rather than trying to add to my current intake.

Am feeling a bit better now, but that may be because my period is finishing so I haven't got that drain on me.

nomorepanic
19-11-04, 23:06
Hi MS

I am researching sleep at the moment so may find some things that help you - watch this space ok...

Nicola

Merlinssister
20-11-04, 13:36
Ooh. Will try and wait patiently...

twister
21-11-04, 21:24
Hi

I am constantly tired too and on a weekend can sleep for hours and hours! I think it must be the curse of the 00's

Have you tried exercise - it helps you sleep better and makes you feel more awake and energetic during the day. Hmm I should take my advice and get up from the sofa!!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Merlinssister
23-11-04, 08:13
Am trying to keep up my exercise regime, but now that I'm back to work full time it's dropped from 3x a week to 1x a week. Keep saying I will do more, but when you're doing long days like I am at the moment, it's not so easy. Oh for more hours in the day! :)

Meg
23-11-04, 15:19
Hi MS

Your fatigue could be a rebound from not being so busy to being really busy and genuinely being exhausted .

Some medications can make you feel tired too .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

Merlinssister
27-11-04, 14:37
Thanks Meg.

A lot of it is probably genuine mental and physical tiredness. My job can be very stop/go, and I just don't seem to have the reserves I used to in order to cope with it. Am just trying to take it easy, and see how I get on.

nomorepanic
27-11-04, 19:01
Panic/anxiety is very draining. I was knonked out last night after my anxiety driving home!

I am reading my book on sleep and one thing that I do and didn't realise is bad for you is to sleep more at weekends. I wondered why I can't sleep Sunday night and it could be because I am sleeping too much!

Meg and I are working on the sleep page and hoping to find some answers to help us all.

Nicola

twister
27-11-04, 22:26
I get a form of jet lag on monday because saturday i get up about 11am and then sleep in the afternoon and sunday too, when i then get up at 7am on Monday I go into shock!

Thing is, I know I should get up earlier at weekends but I find it so hard as am always tired.....even if I get up around 9pm I will then fall asleep later on in afternoon, I need to get up earlier too as I am meant to be doing some college work!!!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Merlinssister
28-11-04, 00:33
Thanks guys. Getting up and doing something always makes me feel better, though it's so much harder at the moment being so tired. They do say changing the routine occasionally helps, so am going to try that as well.