PDA

View Full Version : Surely Chemical ?

Jaco45er
27-05-07, 10:54
Hiya

Everything is fine. No worries. Nothing on my mind. Been feeling pretty chilled to be honest.

SO why is my head feeling wrecked?

I feel dizzy and anxious and I can't seem to concentrate on much. Eptopic beats have been bothering me for the last 2 days. I know it will pass, its not stressing me (good ole Claire Weekes, just accept don't fight).

The reason for the post though, does anyone else feel its purely some chemical imbalance kicking in and out not effected by an outside influence?

I can't even say I have been stressed, busy yes, but not stressed.

I know it can't be a food or drink, as I can go months with low anxiety levels and my diet is no different.

10 years and still none the wiser, then again I never could finish a rubiks cube and thats easier to work out than this ;).

Jaco

Piglet
27-05-07, 11:38
When you find out the answer to this be sure to pm me!:yesyes:

I am 7 years into this anxiety beast and still have no easy answers as to why when you feeling relatively okayish you can then get all or some the symptoms again.

Like you I've had the old funny heartbeats one again, off and on this year, despite being much better in my approach to them - again thanks to Claire Weekes for that and Meg too.

Jaco did I ever tell you that Meg says to try and view palpitations and the like as no more annoying than a run of sneezes. For some reason that analogy has really really helped!!

I guess accepting that we have a sensitive system prone to agitation quite readily, is half the battle. We can't delete anxiety from our lives but we can learn to manage it - the same way migraine sufferers etc have to manage their symptoms.

We need to cut ourselves some slack.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and read my encyclopedias - quizzes don't just win themselves you know!

Piglet :lisa:

Jaco45er
27-05-07, 11:53
wow yer

I like that about the palpitations, just cause its the heart, when I sneeze, I don't worry my nose will stop working (no smelling awful jokes please)!!!!

I would be telling fibs if I said the eptopics don't bother me just a wee wee bit but I do like that statement, cheers :flowers:

I am sure it will pass, its been a couple of days now and it never lasts forever (just seems like it).

The only thing that has given me joy lately was kicking your butt at the quiz ;)

That analogy has made me feel a little better, cheers my girl :yesyes:

Jaco

Piglet
27-05-07, 11:56
The only thing that has given me joy lately was kicking your butt at the quiz ;)

Aww bless - delusional, quite quite delusional!! :lisa:

Piglet :flowers:

Coni
27-05-07, 12:13
Hi Jaco,

yes sometimes I wonder if its chemical too...I've had a rough couple of weeks with anxiety too...and cant think of a a specific reason why...I had a couple of days where I was a complete mess. And I can understand why the ectopics bother you....I've had them for years and they still freak me out sometimes.

I spoke to my psychologist about the anxiety and his advice was to constantly 'check' youself for signs that your becoming anxious (tense neck and shoulders, breathing, racing heart etc) so that you 'catch' it before it escalates, and then practice your breathing, muscle relaxation etc. Easier said than done though...I have noticed though that I can be very tense and not even realise until its too late....so maybe the checking and self awareness is a good thing. I am absolutely rubbish at relaxation excercises though, but I'm hoping practice makes perfect.

One more thing...surely your team lifting the Scottish Cup brought you a tiny bit of joy lol?:yesyes:

Coni X

darkangel
27-05-07, 15:33
Hi Jaco

Sorry to hear you have bad time at the moment. Ive been like this for 10 years now and Ive always kept diaries and cbt sheets of my feelings and thougths and symptoms. Ive been feeling anxious again and I find looking back through my stuff helps me to see just how far I have come. I still freak when I get certain symptoms and if I cant find a logical reason then it makes it worse. I think its just the type of person I am. I will be honest there is not a day goes by that I dont feel unwell even when I dont seem to be stressed about anything - guess our minds hold on to past memories and remind us now and again. I try and accept what is there and give it no power - if you are like me when you get a symptom that particulary scares you then we focus on it and we give it power and before we know it, it has grown legs and taken off! Or maybe thats just me lol.

Congrats on Celtic win yesterday - my boyfriend not a happy bunny he a Pars supporter - enough said :ohmy:

Take care and hope this passes

Darkangel :flowers:

Alabasterlyn
27-05-07, 16:33
Jaco sorry you've been feeling bad lately. I'm not sure whether chemical imbalance is to blame or not, I wish I did know!

However you do mention about being bothered with those ectopic heartbeats again and although you say you aren't stressed, is it possible we get stressed sometimes and just don't recognise it?

I get tons of times when my head feels dizzy and crappy and often can't find a reason for it. Today for instance I am feeling anxious as I've been having a lot of indigestion and although I keep telling myself I'm not worrying about, I'm sure subconsiously I probably am :ohmy:

Hope you feel better soon Jaco :hugs:

Southern_Belle
27-05-07, 17:16
Hi Jaco,

Sorry you haven't been feeling great lately. I definitely think it is chemical. Depression is so why not anxiety? I have had this all my life, for me it did not come out of the blue so that is probably why I have such a strong feeling on this issue. I have learned to live with it (and migraines, double whammy) but at 49 doubt it will one day just disappear. I will say, however, with maturity comes more understanding and knowledge after dealing with it for so many years.

Laura :)

Jaco45er
27-05-07, 18:10
Coni, the mighty hoops winning did put a smile on my face ;)

Thanks for the advice, I, like you can't do the relaxation exercise thing but I should be aware of the tense feelings but never am until its too late.

Dark Angel, I did want CBT but was never offered, I think they must save it for all the English down here, they still have a grudge about Robert the Bruce ;). Sorry your boyfriend is a Pars fan, yer right ;)

Lyn my good friend, how many convo's over the last few years have we had about symptoms lol :hugs:

Belle my girl, don't say words like maturity, if being mature is the cure I am stuffed ;)

Seriously thanks to all of you, its kinda comforting to get some feed back when things are a little grey.

I am not too bad now, its later (as you know Lyn, the later in the day the better I feel). I went for a walk in the rain, and strummed the ole guitar when I got back so not feeling too bad now.

All I need to do now, is not think ahead and worry I will feel like crap again tomorrow morning ;)

TY

Jaco

groovygranny
27-05-07, 19:01
Thought you could do with a big ug......... so 'yer 'tis !!........http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/schools/flowervalleyes/firstgrade/readingcenters/ug/ug.jpg

:hugs:

Jaco45er
28-05-07, 09:31
Cheers GG one can always use an UG ;)

Again I woke up with it, and I am begining to think it may hang around longer this time (jeeeze I hope not).

What I never could get my head around though, is I can be in a right 2 and 8 in the morning but be totally chilled by the evening.

Actually if it was just chemical, then why only at certain times of the day?

I hate this morning feeling but at least I know later is better.

I am begining to think you are right Lyn, these eptopics are kicking me around, I am trying to convince myself they are harmless etc but its a struggle when I get this many in a row.

I am tempted to google chemical and anxiety but I just know I will go off on a tangent, the health obsessed muppet that I am ;)

I wish these medical boffins would pull their fingers out, one safe pill, take one only, cured for life, is it really too much to ask?

Jaco

Alabasterlyn
28-05-07, 09:36
Again I woke up with it, and I am begining to think it may hang around longer this time (jeeeze I hope not).

What I never could get my head around though, is I can be in a right 2 and 8 in the morning but be totally chilled by the evening.

Actually if it was just chemical, then why only at certain times of the day?

I hate this morning feeling but at least I know later is better.

Jaco

Jaco I'm very much the same as you, I can wake up feeling like crap and my head will be awful all morning and my anxiety high too. By the evening I am fine too, so perhaps that does mean it isn't chemical. One theory I have thought of is that maybe when we wake up we worry, albeit subconsiously, how we are going to feel today and that might start the anxiety going.

manmoor
28-05-07, 10:17
I just wanna give me good mucker a hug :hugs: xxx

Jaco45er
28-05-07, 20:16
cheers Mandy

Night is here and I feel better lass :) ty my girl

Jaco

funky chick
31-05-07, 16:46
awww Jaco so sorry you have been going through it so much wish i had know would have called you you have always been there for me and helped me so much. you take care and these feelings will pass you know they will and they do just like you are always telling me they are horrid when we go through them i understand that and easy to say as Claire weekes accept float thro etc if only !! you will get there Jaco it withdrawel as well im ure as the footie season has ended!!! lol chin up hun sending you hugs ((((hugs))))) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: take care Jaco love Gail xxx

Piglet
31-05-07, 17:08
Feeling any better old bean??

Stupid ectopics still goin on, or are they calming down now??

I've had loads recently - I stop have a big cough and stare at myself to see what happens next, then sometimes I get distracted and pluck my eyebrows instead!

Jaco45er
31-05-07, 21:13
TY All :)

You know me Gail, good at advice but not that hot at listening to it. Kind words ty :)

The old bean is feeling better ty Piglet, just back from the gym (err and have a beer) so back to normal ;)

I will kick back and relax until the next chemical attack, unless I get cured in between, and Scotland win the World Cup.

Ty again

Jaco

Piglet
31-05-07, 23:16
Brilliant I can go back to being rude to you now!! :yesyes:

looking4answers
03-06-07, 09:03
Your problem much like mine is we try to anaylize everything. If we feel good our mind questions why we are anxiety free and if we dont feel good we have to know why ..Its our mind..I didnt know until you mentioned claire weeks that is what she says to do.I live in a place that causes severe anxiety among the most normal..

I realized about two weeks ago to accept what i feel and just go on..If im going to drop dead then there is nothing i can do about it.I realized that if my arm hurts so what it hurts or if im getting sharp shooting pains in my chest accept it and if my head feels dizzy or out of sorts accept it..

Its as much a part of life as your breathing in and out.We have to realize its not going away but you will in fact learn to ignore it and accept it no matter what and well .. Just stop it..and accept it no matter what it is.. and I will keep doing that too.So far with all the new things that im starting to do again and its been so pretty strenous stuff..Im still waking up everyday and still facing more of the same..

Somedays I wake and there is nothing wrong and it scares me,but my mind is mellowing to a state of so what.. and I think that is what we all have to do ..so what and eventually you want even notice whether you feel good or not you will just notice how beautiful the day is and how things in your life is so much better..take care..

Lindalou64
03-06-07, 13:11
:hugs: HEY JACO,HOPE YA FEELING BETTER,FOR ME I WOULD SAY DEFENTLEY IT IS A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE,MY WHOLE FATHER SIDE HAS HAD THIS SOME WORSE THAN OTHERS, ALL MY SIBLINGS,NOW I SEE IT SOMEWHAT IN MY OLDER SON:mad: WHICH I ALWAYS PRAYED THEY WOULDNT GET IT,BUT AT LEAST HE HAS ME I AM SO MUCH MORE EDUCATED ON THIS THEN I WAS WHEN IT HIT ME ALMOST 19 YRS AGO:shrug: BACK THEN THOT I WAS JUST FLIPPING CRAZY,NO COMMENTS :ohmy:
BUT YA ITS A BUMMER WHEN YA FEELING GOOD THEN OUT OF THE BLUE BAM YA HIT WITH ONE,BUT AT LEAST YOU NO IT WILL SUBSIDE AND WE KNOW THATS PART OF RECOVERY ...I ALSO BELIEVE WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE THIS JUST A LITTLE BUT WONT BOTHER US ONCE WE CAN GET THRU THE OH S...T HERE IT IS AGAIN,INSTEAD JUST IGNORE THEN SUBSIDE.AND WE GO ON OUR MERRY WAY WHAT EVER THAT BE...LOL..... LINDA TC XXX