PDA

View Full Version : is all in the mind?

helenclaire
27-05-07, 12:45
hi there, i was wondering is it really possible to bring on these horrible symptoms yourself. I have a real fear of fainting but i keep feeling this way, i keep feeling so weak and ill it is horrible, this stops me from doing things i use to enjoy as i am convinced i will become ill and pass out. I just do not know what to do, i feel faint nearly all day everyday, it is really getting me down. I find it so hard to believe that i am causing these feelings myself because they are so real. Any help gratefully recieved. Love Helen:weep:

june
27-05-07, 14:34
Hi Helen, I too fear fainting.My head sometimes feels as if it giong to 'switch off'. Very scary feeling.
In the book "Coping Successfully with Panic Attacks by Shirley Tricket" a quote from this reads - Quote "If the neck and shoulder muscles are tight the circulation to the head is restricted. This can cause - dizziness, ringing in the ears, blurred vision and sinus problems" end quote.
I do try to relax these and other muscles but I find it SOOOOO difficult.
Hope this helps you. I do know the fear of fainting is not nice.
luv June

dizzie
27-05-07, 15:55
Dear Helen
Like you i feel as though i am going to pass out and faint 24/7 ,i have tried allmost everything to try and stop this feelings but they just never ever go away ,my heart really goes out to you :hugs:

I try to relax but also find it impossible this has lead me to being severlly agoraphobic and when on the rare occasion i do try to go out my poor hubbys circulation is nearlly cut off as i am holding onto his arm for dear life
i want to ask do you suffer the lightheadness indoors aswell because i do i swear anyone seeing me must think i have been drinking and i am tea total :D
wishing you all the best helen and please know your not alone sorry i wish i could help you more
love dizziex:flowers: