PDA

View Full Version : Menopause or cancer? Need reassurance

berniece2000
08-08-17, 06:37
I've always worried about ovarian cancer. I've seen headlines
For articles written about it but deliberately do not open and read them. What I've seen in headlines is enough to keep me worried. I'm a 50 year old female, and have always had regular periods, until 2 periods ago. The first was 2 weeks late, then the following was exactly 28 days later, followed by one that was 3 days early. The only other possible menopause symptoms I've got are the bad PMS and mood swings and forgetfulness/fuzzy thinking. No sweats or flushes and no weight gain.

But I also have a lot of pain on my left side. The pain follows a line roiughly an inch from my hip bone, wrapping around at times to my buttock and lower back. Often the pain is just in that front part. Sometimes a deep breath will make it worse, but not always.

My doctor says the pain is a muscle thing....of course I am doubtful. Is it possible the pain is something benign? And is this period pattern normal for petimenopause? Help, please.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

Oh, and I've also noticed a sour taste in my mouth after laying down or sleeping. A couple times it felt like I had a touch of heartburn, which isn't normal for me.

jj1995
09-08-17, 01:29
Have you had the hpv vaccine? 70% of ovarian cancers are caused by hpv.. if not get a hpv blood test to put your mind at ease :D