PDA

View Full Version : End of my tether

Wilburis
27-05-07, 15:52
Hi

Just tried to go to the shops to get a photo frame, couldnt go in, the floor started moving, I got really dizzy, had to get out.

Why, oh why am I so dizzy all the time. Im even dizzy in my own house. The only time Im not dizzy is when I sit down.

Im on 50mg sertraline for the past 9 weeks. Dont think its working anymore, it has lifted my depression a bit but the anxiety is back. The Doc wants to increase it to 100mg, but Im so worried as I had really bad side effects with it.

Will it work this time?

What is the best medication to stop dizziness. There must be something I can take to stop this awful feeling.

Thankx for reading this - liz xx

belle
27-05-07, 17:08
Hi..
I take medication for dizziness. I have (either) one called Stemetil or Serc, perhaps you should enquire at the doctors about them.

x

Wilburis
27-05-07, 18:35
Hi Bluebell

Thanx for replying so quickly!!

Do the dizzy meds really work? I know that the dizziness is anxiety related but will they work for it?

What was your experience with dizziness like?

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Liz xx

geordie flower
27-05-07, 18:57
hiya, ive just posted on top tips, i found that travel sickness tablets helped with my anxiety related dizziness, i got mine on prescription but you can buy them ova the counter, they are called either cinnarazine or sturgeon, i hope this helps, dizziness is an awful thing, i used to feel like i was drunk! but without having a drink, its a hard thing to describe to anyone who hasnt had it before tracey:) xxx