PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic heartBEASTS help!!

dizzy
27-05-07, 21:52
hello..i need reassurance..once again..lol

for the past three days i've been getting ectopic heartbeats...Pacs mainly but im sure there were probably some Pvcs in there too. i went to the docs and he said they're nothing to worry about..
my ectopics started on the very same day as i was due to start my period, but i didnt start..could this be the reason why ive been getting ectopics? its been three days now, my ectopics started off very constant...i had an ectopic every two or three beats, today they're a little less. i have ibs and for the passed 3 weeks i have been on a lactose free diet, could this be anything to do with these beats? i've also had exams..so there could be an element of stress in there too? i really need to know...do other people get them like ive had them...constant?

ItWillPass
27-05-07, 23:49
I went through a phase where I was getting them constantly. I was very scared, but the doctors were just not concerned. They did pass... I still get them at times when I am really anxious... but the constant ones went away... They feel SO scary, but I got a million opinions and all doctors say they are totally fine, even constant.

Amanda3266
28-05-07, 07:45
Hi

Just a quick reply to say I get these too. If you've had a check from a doctor who says it's fine then just relax (easier said than done I know). Mine get worse when I am stressed. Apparently this is surprisingly common and millions of people get these extra beats.

spuds
28-05-07, 16:15
I have had ectopic beats for 21/2 years - though they seem to have subsided for the time being. If your heart is structurally fine - ecg's will show any disease or problem - then ectopics are harmless. Unfortunately, they are very scary to have and it is hard to accept they are not dangerous when they make you feel so dreadful.

This site has some good info and help about heart problems:

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

If you continue to have them, make sure your GP refers you for an ecg, just to put your mind at rest.

joolee
29-05-07, 16:20
Hi i get ectopics when i am about to start my period and when i am finishing them i have had tests done at the hospital and i spoke to the cardiologist and he said that that is what it is you get more adrenilan when you are getting your period he showed me on a book how this happens and it is normal i know its scary as ive had ectopics now for more than 4 years but i hardly get them now just when im due i used to get them every day but i have learnt to control them now hope this helps love Julie xx

shaz01
29-05-07, 17:32
Hi there,

Im also the same, they are worse when Im due my period, then also the week after my period and then again whenever Im stressed. Ive got the cold the now and feeling rough and cause I couldnt sleep last night they were playing me up!!!! Same as the others I have had mines for years, good days and bad days, infact sometimes I can even get a few good months then they kick off again.
Hope your okay the now...oh and the exams wil be making them worse.

Shaz x