PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Different

Dieselj28
28-05-07, 03:42
I feel like I should have fear because im worrying but I dont feel fear at all i almost feel good. Its really wierd because my worries dont bother me. I feel I should be feeling one way, but feel another. Its hard to explain. This comes and goes but im wondering if anyone else also experiences these kind of mixed up emotions.

jill
28-05-07, 09:30
Hi Diesel,

Having mixed up emotions can be part of anyones life, even people who don't suffer anxiety. When we suffer anxiety we notice this more and start to wonder why.

Why do you think you should have fear? If we have worries in life, we do not feel fear, fear comes from the flight, fright response, when we feel we are in danger.

I don't know what worries you have, but we can't expect to feel a certain way, we cannot pradict how we feel, everyone is different on how they deal with there worries.

If you feel alomost good when dealing with worry, is this not a good thing, your mind is telling you, you have done great, so feel good, do you know what I mean?

When I was acute my emotions were all over the place, Mrs anxiety always told me to quetion why. I always put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5. If I quetion my emotions now, I try and always find the postitive side.

Not sure if I've been of any help, but just wanted you to know your not alone.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Magpie
29-05-07, 13:28
I agree with Jill, there's not much you can do to predict how you'll react to worry and it must be better to have a positive reaction than a negative one! I've found I get mixed emotions like this more now I'm on meds, it's like many of the anxiety symptoms are still there but I feel strangely unbothered by it - or anything else for that matter, I have to really force myself to get important things done because I seem to be unable to feel a sense of urgency! It's a funny old world, isn't it?

Dieselj28
30-05-07, 04:31
thanks for the replies guys..

I was hoping it had to do something with an over-stimulated nervous system. Its very difficult to explain but when I go to the mall now or any old place I used to get a certain feeling that I no longer get. I also used to get worked up over things in a certain way but no longer get worked up about them in that way. Is this just a sympntom of anxiety or have I trained my brain to think in a certain way now?

jill
30-05-07, 23:37
Hi hun,

It sound to me like Mrs anxiety is asking you to question you feelings, my thoughts would be,

1, do I feel any anxiety symptoms,

If the answer is NO, then I would question it NO more.

As I have said we cannot prodict how we will react in any situation or place, if its not bothering you with anxiety symptoms, let it go,

So, maybe it IS just a little of Mrs anxiety, trying hard to scare you, do you know what I mean?

The mind IS a very powerfull thing and YES, we can train it to think in a certain way.

Its like a person who suffers panic while driving, they learn very quickly to panic, but with CBT they can train there mind to think in a different way, so they don't paicc.

Hope this helps

LOVE JILLXX

looking4answers
31-05-07, 03:36
The problem with us is we think to much.. just let things flow..you never suppose to be feeling anything .. just be.. and don't worry about feeling this or that.Im having the same issue and have learned to not feel just let things happen and let them be and try not to notice.. ..