PDA

View Full Version : Tingling

Peru83
28-05-07, 16:46
Now I know and understand that tingling is a major syptom of anxiety. I usually get it in my arms and legs or my hands even. But the other day, I was having a fag (yes I had quit for two years but for some reason started again a few weeks ago, but again stopped because of what happend) and I started to feel light headed, as you sometimes do after a fag! But the light headedness turned into tingling all over, even my lips and tounge!! Has anyone else had this? I phoned my GP and they said it sounded like and alergic reaction, but I doubt very much I'm allergic to cigarettes. As far as I'm aware I'm allergic to nothing. I've been fine ever since and not had the tingling again but I do have it niggling at the back of my head as to what it could be. I would go to my GP about it but feel that I've made such progress over the past few months I don't want to start hounding my doc again.

Would be great to know if anyone else has had this.

Take Care

claire xx

darkangel
28-05-07, 17:32
Hi Claire

The only thing I can think of is the connection to the cigs - you felt lightheaded as you would do after starting smoking again after a long time so that would appear normal. I think the tingling could be the thought cycle - you became lightheaded - you started to tingle - your negative thought process kicked in and before you know it you tingling has got worse.

The only reason I am saying this is a few weeks ago I had a coffee and when I stood up to put my cup in the sink, a wave of dizziness hit me, so I related it to the coffee then anxious thoughts came in so the cycle started again.

God, Im not too good at explaining but I hope this had made a wee bit sense lol.

Cant see it being an allergy though.

Take care

Darkangel :flowers:

jill
29-05-07, 08:50
Hi Claire,

When I was acute I had this alot, all over sesations, mmm very strange arn't they, but anxiety symptoms are strange.

The nerve endings in your skin are alive with electrical impulses, these can feel like creeping sensations, pins and needles or tickling, tingling, they are the result of confused nerve impulses and cannot harm you.

Claire, you are doing sooooo, well, just put this down to a little hicup, let it go, let it pass, don't put to much importance on this, it will only feed Mrs anxiety.

Hope this helps

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

jill
29-05-07, 08:57
Hi Claire

Forgot to mention, if you look at the very bottom of this thread there are similar threads you can click on, just thought I would let you know, just in case you never seem them.

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

Peru83
29-05-07, 10:57
Yeah thanx guys, I know deep down it's just the anxiety but they're is always that little voice saying 'yeah but what if....' you know?

And yeah I saw the links down the bottom thanx Jill :) I've read most of them.

I'm really tempted to have another fag as I was enjoying smoking again, didn't realise how much I missed it, but suppose it's not such a bad thing to not smoke.

cheers for the replies guys :)

jill
29-05-07, 18:49
Hi Claire

I do know what you mean about the what if's, but remember to changed them thoughts to more positive, reasuring thoughts, not easy I know.

As for the fags, WOW, you are doing great, WELL DONE YOU. I packed in for just over 2 months and felt lots better, mmmm back on them again, grrrrr, if you can do it Claire DON'T go there, stay off them, we all know they are no good for us, they make me feel ill, so why do I do this to myself, mmm.

Come july, Liverpool will go none smoking, so this will help me pack the dreaded weed in LOL

Keep off the fags mate, your doing great.

Take care and be kind to yourself

LOVE JILLXX