PDA

View Full Version : How are you all???

RobertFlyde
17-11-04, 15:04
Hello all.

Well its been rather a long time since i last checked in on you all and i do apologise for that. I have been woeking non stop for the last 7 months and currentley decided to have some holiday. Im doing really well and coping with my panic attacks and anxiety. Although i havent had a panic attack for a long long time, i do get the occasional warning that one could be coming, but thankfully i deal with it and nothing major happens!!.

Ive had an excellent summer in my new job. Im working for Bradford council in the parks and landscapes department. Been working there since april. Spent most of the summer sat on machinery cutting grass in the sunshine!!! Well, what sun and warm weather we had up north!! Been looking to move on and lined up a few interviews over the next couple of weeks.

Still going to watch Bradford City for my sins!!! Our wedding plans are coming along well, although im not getting married until july 2006, its better to get prepared now rather that later. Got the church and venue booked as i see that as being the most important!!

Anyway, it would great to here from anyone or if anyone needs any advice im happy to help and offer some advice about panic attacks and anxiety.

Take Care all

Kind Regards

Robert Flyde

Take Care

Robert Flyde

Meg
17-11-04, 15:52
Hey Robert

What great news .

Well done on managing any symptoms well so they don't escalate .....

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

seh1980
17-11-04, 15:58
hi Robert,

I'm glad to hear that things are going so well for you. It certaintly sounds like you have everything under control!! Make sure you check up on us again soon...

Sarah :D

Karen
17-11-04, 16:04
Hi Robert

Well done it seems like you are doing so well.

I hope the job hunting goes well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
17-11-04, 16:58
Hi Robert

[Wow!] you are doing sooo well,
well done:D

Good luck in your job hunting.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

pips
17-11-04, 17:23
Hi Robert

You are doing great. Keep up the good work. All the best. Good luck with the job hunting!

Take care & stay POSITIVE

PIP'S XX

nomorepanic
17-11-04, 20:27
Hi Rob

Long time no see. Glad to hear that you are doing so well and I love it when "old timers" come back to tell us how they are doing.

I am so pleased for you.

Please stick around and help others too - I am sure they will appreciate it.

Nicola

LoopyLou
18-11-04, 22:08
Hi Robert,

I'm new to this site (and to panic attacks) so it was really inspiring reading your post. I've read alot of posts from people who are going through hell for years and having only started having attacks for the last few months I really started to get down thinking I was going to be like this for ever. I am determined to beat panic attacks and not let them ruin my life. I've managed to give up the booze so that is one achievement I didn't think I'd manage so I suppose I have the attacks to thank for giving me the incentive hey? Good luck for the future, I wish you every happiness.

keep Smiling

Laura

Laurie28
19-11-04, 11:17
Hiya Robert,

I'm glad you are doing so well. Would you have ever thought when you were at your worst that you could see a panic attack coming and calm yourself before it arrived. I as well have got to that stage and know when I am vulnerable. Who would have thought eh!!!

Hope for everyone!!!

Take Care

Love
Lucky

RobertFlyde
19-11-04, 16:35
Thanks for your kind words.

Yes it does feel good to be 95% panic free, but i think there will always be that 5% at the back of your mind thinking "what if" this could happen etc...

Well done for giving up the booze loopylou. The longest i went without booze was around 4 months. But now i drink only on friday's and saturday's, i reward myself with a few pints etc at the end of the week. Giving up smoking was my worst vice. ive eventualy given up. i never smoked at work though, i eventualy got down to a couple at night, then i went to a wedding and smoked like a chimney (b+h) bad throat in the morning, thankfully i havent had a cig since. but the cravings are awful agrh!!!!!!!!!!!

To anyone who reads this message, use this site well and research what anxiety, panic attacks are and what can be done to overcome them. There are many different methods, medications, self help and of course reading different situtaions and stories of peoples own anxiety, panic attacks and what hurdles they have overcome. Reading up on people stories like mine and others will hopefully give light at the end of your tunnel no matter how long or short it is.

Keep up the good work nicloa!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

Take Care

Robert Flyde

nomorepanic
19-11-04, 21:58
Robert

I am at that stage too. I am almost there and then something silly happens and it knocks me.

It doesn't however knock me as far back. E.G. I had a bit of panic/anxiety driving back from the conference last saturday cos I went over a bridge again and it had no hard shoulder.

It knocked me back but I stopped to get petrol, got back in the car and carried on. I was still a bit edgy the next day but I didn't dwell on it like I used to.

Thanks for the kind words. I am currently researching and writing a few new topics on driving, OCD and sleep! so watch this space.

Take care.

xxx

Nicola

seh1980
19-11-04, 23:03
I think that we all have the "what if..." thing at the back of our minds - I guess when we get rid of that, we will be 100% panic free!!!

Sarah :D