PDA

View Full Version : need a break

greenfairywishes
29-05-07, 11:56
hi all

i don't really know what to say except that i'm feeling pretty crappy at the moment. I have been really up and down this month. It started with me feeling really nauseous, tired, weak and heavy-headed about 4 weeks ago, this lasted for a week then i felt fine again until yesterday.

I feel like my whole body is twitching and vibrating, I am constantly tired even though i am sleeping well and i have been really low in mood, even spent some time crying this morning which hasn't happened in a long time.

I have had to phone in sick to work yesterday and this morning but don't know what to tell them as i'm not sure if this is going to last long.

I am going to the doctors today but I know he will just blame it on my depression/anxiety, its just this is not what i have experienced before, these arent my usual symptoms.

I think what i need is some advice on what to do about work. I feel like i need a break as i feel really rundown but it could just be a bug or something and i could feel ok again in a couple of days.I dont know whether to ask for a sickline. It is stressing me out as i am already on absence monitoring and they were quite abrupt with me on the phone this morning, even when i was trying to explain to them exactly how i was feeling they never gave me a chance.

any ideas/advice much appreciated. If there is anything more you would like to know just ask. I have probably left loads of essential details out as i find it hard to put across how i am feeling in words......

anyway, thanks for reading

laura:)

EebyJeeby
29-05-07, 12:47
From what you say, maybe it would be a good idea to get the doc to sign you off for a fortnight. That way, you can relax knowing you don't have to ring in to work again for a while, and it will give you space to see what's happening with you healthwise.

It always infuriates me that people are put under so much pressure by their employers. The bottom line is that if you are unwell and need time and space to recover/recharge, then so be it. Your health is way more important than any job, so let them moan if they must. They can't sack you without going through a fairly difficult and drawn out process, so it is important that you put that out of your mind for now and get the backing of your doctor in finding the best way to recover. All the better if your doc will "blame it on depression/anxiety". That's a very good reason indeed to take an extended break from work and is to be taken seriously by any employer as there are legal implications for them if they in any way contributing to your illness.

Good luck at the docs today and hope you are feeling better soon.

Eeb x

greenfairywishes
29-05-07, 14:57
hi thanks for your response

think i will ask for some time off, actually dont want to go back to work after this morning, dont feel valued at all but will give it some time before i make any hasty decisions especially when i'm feeling extremely sensitive.

thanks again

laura x

Keep going
29-05-07, 22:43
Hi Laura, hope your feelin better iam. I must say for the last 2 months i've felt crappy had the same problem last year. Turns out to be Hayfever, but not the traditional type. Make you feel like you've got cold. You might look into it?

When i have this hayfever my meds do not work as well. And it makes me feel down. But got some meds for hayfever, and felt relief instantly.

Stu:)

motor
30-05-07, 00:36
Hey Laura,

I hope you are feeling better soon. Its hard to know what to advise you, everybody has low times with work so perhaps it is one of those and it will pass. If it doesn't pass you'd need to look into doing something else. I'm sure there are lots of jobs that you could do but changing would be something of a wrench. I dont read the forum so much by the way. Hugz

greenfairywishes
30-05-07, 10:47
thanks barked

actually went to the docs and he thinks it might have something to do with my gallbladder and excess bile (yuk). feeling so much better today, mainly because i thought it was depression kicking in again and i'm so glad its not. have been signed off for a week so hopefully that will help. i have also seen another job, its with the same company i work for now but the project is just 15mins down the road which is alot more attractive than the 1hr-1 1/2hr commute i am doing now! fingers crossed i get it!!

thanks again

laura:D

EebyJeeby
30-05-07, 12:39
Well done Laura!

Nothing like a change to lift the spirits, so fingers are firmly crossed for you.

Eeb x

greenfairywishes
30-05-07, 14:21
thanks! ^^^^

i will definately be saying my prayers for a while!!:D