PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety soaring

joy
30-05-07, 10:19
On Duloxetine for months, I say its not working, shrink says it is. So how come my anxiety is skyhigh today all because my daughter coming to visit???? Does this sound as if the anxiety is under control? I dont think so.

The shrink says well we all have bad days Duh dont they know the difference between a fed up day and screaming anxiety.

BTW i can get screaming anxiety when nothing is happening either.

Answers on a post card please??

Anyone ever tried acunpuncture for emotional things??

Love Joy

Brandy snap
09-06-07, 03:35
Yes Joy, I tried acupuncture for tranquilliser withdrawal. When I got home I found there was a needle still stuck in my head! Anxiety went through the roof as I thought I'd had an overdose of acupuncture. When I rang up they told me just to pull it out myself. This seemed a huge anticlimax as I thought there was a special way to do it. Hard to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment as going through very bad time then. I think the best part was the one hour consultation and being listened to. Take care. Brandy Snap xx

mirry
09-06-07, 10:01
Joy, my personal experiance of acupuncture of anxiety isnt good,
basically it didnt work at all and my anxiety got worse !

2 years ago I watched a tv programe all about accupuncture and it did mri scans whilst someone was having accupuncture, basically the outcome was
that it works for "painful" conditions but not emotional problems.

Ive come to the conclusion lately that nothing works.....could be wrong about that but thats how it feels.
This week I had 2 vodkas and felt great, I know it isnt the answer but it felt so nice.

take care

joy
09-06-07, 12:10
I'm not convinced it would work but the lady acupuncturist is so nice and easy to talk to that alone is worth the money

Love joy