PDA

View Full Version : Hi

John56
30-05-07, 10:44
Not sure if I posted here when I first registered but that was some time ago.

I am John, I am 56 and I suffer from a fear of heights, flying phobia and panic attacks when driving.

I have tried and kicked medication and have had an extensive course of Hypnotherapy combined with CBT.

I have seen some improvements but am still severely restricted with what I can do (don't fly, can't cope over about the third floor in buildings, can't drive over high bridges or on some motorways)

I am hoping that through this forum I can meet other people with similar problems who I can share my frustartions and fears with.

I am married with children and grandchildren and work as a Customer Srvice Director

greenfairywishes
30-05-07, 11:00
hi john

welcome!! this website is great, loads of brilliant people with tons of advice. the chat room is a great way of getting to know everyone.

enjoy

laura xx :hugs:

honeybee3939
30-05-07, 12:41
Hi John

Welcome back to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice and support too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

prism
30-05-07, 13:37
Hi John,
welcome to NMP.I used to be an aircraft engineer so if you feel the need to pick my brain feel free to do so.

prism

Piglet
30-05-07, 13:41
A big welcome to you! :D

Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
30-05-07, 19:04
Welcome John and lovely to see you here.

I too have problems with driving. Take a look at the common posts thread under the welcome topic and you will see all the threads about driving.

groovygranny
30-05-07, 21:06
Hello John, :welcome: !!

I also have a fear of heights and flying - but have managed the flying through the help from of lovely people on this forum !!

Heights are still on the agenda - I handle them as and when I need to !

Pleased to meet you:)!

Lindalou64
30-05-07, 23:05
Hi John
Welcome Yes I Have A Prob Driving Far And Flying And It Makes Me Aso Angry...but I Keep Tellin Myself One Day I Will Face The Fear Know Matter What ....more So With The Driving....i Guess We Just Have To Keep Doing It Over And Over And Over And Realize The Feelings We Get Wont Hurt Us.........best To Ya.....linda

Southern_Belle
02-06-07, 17:04
Hi John,

Welcome to NMP. I also have fear of heights and flying. I am able to fly just in the past 2 years but believe me it is a struggle. As for heights I would drive miles out of my way to avoid bridges so I so understand. You know that you have support and information here. I hope you have already made some friends.

Hugs,

Laura :)

Granny Primark
02-06-07, 17:21
Hi John,
I have exactly the same fears.
I hate even going over Thelwall Viaduct at Warrington.
I was never keen on flying but now cus of panic attacks dont go abroad anymore.
Im sure that just knowing there are loads of other people who truly understand will help.
Just take a look at the success stories. There are plenty there to give you encouragement to overcome you fears. The stories are truly inspirational.

Take care
LYNN xx

Pink Princess
03-06-07, 21:04
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

manmoor
03-06-07, 21:06
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you. xx