PDA

View Full Version : I think it's panic attacks I'm having but am not entirely sure

Elly 2
30-05-07, 13:03
I wake up every morning feeling very trembly but don't know why. I have had three bouts of bad chest pain and ended up in the emergency department of the hospital, had ECG's and treadmill test which are absolutely normal. I now try to ignore the chest pain but now am feeling really trembly all the time. If I have to go out even to the local shop I feel dreadful. (Feeling faint, legs won't hold me up, dizzy etc.) I'm hoping this is something I can overcome but am not sure how to.

honeybee3939
30-05-07, 13:10
Hi Elly

And Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

Sounds very much like Anxiety/Panic to me, take a look at he Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step Pages that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, you will find some useful information there also.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

geordie flower
30-05-07, 13:37
Hiya, I had very similar symptoms especially the dizziness and trembling, I never had any chest pain with mine but I know after reading some of the posts on this site that they can happen. Panic attacks have a huge varirty of symptoms some you wouldnt believe were possible! and everyone experiences them differently. It does sound like panic attack/anxiety to me though. This is a list of the symptoms I had dizziness, off balance like i was getting pulled to one side, the shakes and trembling, slight nausea, feelings of unreality like i was not really there, feeling worried about something but couldnt put a finger on what and lastly muscle spasms, i could be just sitting watching tv then id get a sudden spasm/twitch in a part of my body usually arm or face! I've been telling u this i the past tense cause I havent had a pa for 2 months now and some of my anxiety symptoms have stopped so fingers crossed! I hope this helps you, take care tracey :) x

Piglet
30-05-07, 13:43
A very big welcome to the site - like Honeybee says do have a look at the advice pages on here as a first step. Have you read Claire Weekes's book 'Self-Help for your nerves???

Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
30-05-07, 19:03
Elly

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Pink Princess
30-05-07, 20:54
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

groovygranny
30-05-07, 21:14
Hello Elly 2,:welcome: !!

I wake up most mornings like this, but it doesn't last long now.

You'll get plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
30-05-07, 22:53
Hi Elly,
Sounds Like You Are Going Through Some Anxiety There,take A Look Through The Forums Im Sure You Will Find Good Info There I Wish Ya The Best......linda

Southern_Belle
02-06-07, 17:14
Hi Elly,

Welcome to the site. As others have said there is so much information and support here. I too wake up every morning with a racing heart and tremble. It is my anxiety. You will find many people on here who can relate to what you are going through.

HUgs,

Laura :)

manmoor
03-06-07, 21:08
Hi Elly,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Elly 2
28-09-07, 09:37
Thankyou so much everyone, It's so good to know that there are other people out there who are going through the same as me. I imagine like most of you I felt like I was the only person this was happening to so again a big THANKYOU to you all. You have been a great help to me. x

Nibbles
28-09-07, 19:31
Hi Elly and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The symptoms you describe sound like panic attacks to me and I sometimes wake up feeling trembly for no reason too.

Take care,

Mike :)