PDA

View Full Version : ectopics and pregnancy

brucey
30-05-07, 16:16
Since I had my first baby 6 months ago I have started having ectopic beats. I have seen a cardiologist, had a heart scan, ecg and 24 hour monitor and he says there's nothing to worry about and that my heart is fine and not to worry about the ectopics

However, we would like to try for another baby soon but I am worried that another pregnancy would put a strain on my heart (I would probably have another c-section again)

Has anyone else had any experience of c-sections with ectopics? Mine seem to get worse with anxiety, so I feel terrified at the thought of the operation. I think they came on in the first place as I was a bit of an anxious new mum to begin with!

I really would love another baby and hate that my heart fears will put me off

Advice greatfully appreciated please :weep:

Dianepine
30-05-07, 18:53
Hi I dont know if this is much help, but when I was carring my little girl I suffered really bad with ectopics and did do for about a 6 months after having her, I told the doctor about this and he put it dowm to hormone levels changing, which I guess makes sence. With my two babies previously I never had any problems with ectopics. My word of advice would be try not to worry as you are aware with any form of anxiety it can course the heart to flutter, speed up etc.

Good luck with plans

Diane xx

kimmiepie
01-06-07, 04:43
Pregnancy has a huge effect (due to hormones) on ectopic beats and is totally normal. A TON of women get them which I didn't realize until later, but I had ectopics really bad with my last baby and for the whole time I was nursing him (15 months). If your tests say your heart is okay then it can definately handle another pregnancy. Ectopics have no bearing on that whatsoever. One thing I learned about after I had the baby was mama calm. It's a magnesium supplement for pregnant and nursing mothers. Ectopics are often caused by magnesium deficiency and anxiety can bring them on. You drink this as a tea and there are yummy flavors. It almost always makes them stop! And if you take it daily you may not have any at all. Just a thought. Good luck!