PDA

View Full Version : Hello, another "victim"

Fjoergyn
30-05-07, 17:19
I found this Forum shortly after I found out that I had my first panic attack (and not a heart attack as I thought) and found it very helpful.
To my story:
I moved from Germany to England 2 days before Christmas last year to be with my boyfriend. He came to Germany to help me moving and while he visited me, my dog died the 13th of december. I am pretty sure it was a heart attack. I sat next to her, her pulse was unbelievable fast and then it stopped. Everything without a warning. She was only 7. Some may say it was just a dog but she was with me for all the years (I am 21 now).
I then moved to England and everything seemed ok until I made a mistake I still regret.
My boyfriend smokes weed from time to time. I never liked it much myself and haven't smoked any since I was 16. Anyway, I thought I might give it another try, but I will drink it since I feel like my throat blocks up when I smoke it. Since I never did this before I put in far too much (about 1,5 gramm of hash in one glass of milk). Half an hour later the expected effect started. My boyfriend went downstairs and I lay in bed. Then suddenly I felt my heart beating faster and faster. I ran downstairs and asked if he thinks it is too fast as well. He said yes and I started panicking and hyperventilated. We tried to go upstairs but I broke down. It felt like something was pulling me down and my heart is going to stop. My boyfriend tried to calm me down by telling me it was nothing that could harm me. Somehow I managed to go to bed.The next attack started about half an hour afterwards. It was the worst night in my life.
The week afterwards was fine. Just a lot of chest pain. I went to the Doctor and after all blood test and ECG results came back without any findings he gave me a pack of Zantac against heartburn .
I didn't think much about it till I got another small attack a week later. After that I looked online for the symptoms and found this very helpful site (my boyfriend mentioned panic attacks before because he knew them from his father).
Most of the time everything was great until last friday. We ate and watched a documentary. I started feeling very weird and had trouble breathing. My heart started beating very loud and fast. I tried to take deep breaths and calm down but of course the fear was stronger till I finally managed to sleep. Saturday I was fine.
Then Sunday I got my first one while driving. I always loved driving. We were on our way to a car boot sale and the weather was pretty bad. I just drove into a roundabout and felt like I was unable to breath. I drove out of it and stopped on the site of the Motorway and jumped out of the car. My boyfriend talked to me till I relaxed a bit and I continued to drive there. We walked around for some time and I managed somehow to drive back home after some attempts. The rest of the day was horrible and so was the next day. My face is feels very hot since then.
Yesterday I finally went to the doctor and he gave me some Propranolol 10mg. I took one after I still felt very bad in the evening and I read almost only positiv things about it on here.
This morning I woke up and felt like I have no energy at all. I felt sick. Maybe because I knew I have to drive to the city. Till I was home it was a feeling between beeing very sick and beeing fine which changed every 10 seconds. At the moment it is a bit better but I am not sure if I should continue taking the pills (or at least just when necessary). My face still feels very hot and I am a bit concerned about that.
Next tuesday I have another appointment with the doctor to talk about professional help.

I am sorry if that was a bit long but I feel better already just writing about it.
Sorry for the bad grammar and spelling, I am still working on it.

Many thanks for making this homepage. It really helped me a lot.

EebyJeeby
30-05-07, 18:09
Hi Fjoergyn and welcome to the site.

I'm sorry that you have been having a bad time. You have had a couple of nasty shocks (your dog and the weed incident) within a short space of time. You have also moved to a new country, so it's not surprising that you are feeling rather unsettled and a little anxious!

Be kind to yourself and try not to be frightened. You will find a lot of support here and, with the help of your doctor, you will get through this panicky period and start to feel better soon.

(And there's no need to apologise - your English is very good!)

Eeb x

trac67
30-05-07, 18:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
30-05-07, 19:01
Sounds like you have had a bit of a rough time but hopefully we can help you with these problems.

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

honeybee3939
30-05-07, 19:51
Hi

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Fjoergyn
30-05-07, 20:47
Thank you all for the nice replies :)
I just want to start working on it as soon as possible, before it maybe gets worse.
The thing is just I had a job interview today and it went well, so I may have to move to Ireland over the weekend. All a bit stressy atm. I hope it will get better when that is sorted out though.

Thank you all again. It's good to know that I am not the only one in the world with these "problems".

Pink Princess
30-05-07, 20:55
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

groovygranny
30-05-07, 21:11
Hello Fjoergyn,:welcome: to you!

My you have had a rough time, but glad your interview went well - glad you found us, we're all here to help each other and give support.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
30-05-07, 23:01
Welcome Fjoergyn,
Yes Sounds Like Ya Having Anxiety Attacks And To Be Honest And From Experience I Think The Pot And Hash Got Ya Paranoid And Maybe Ya Thot About It And It Came Back Its A Vicous Circle,just Try And Stay Positive And Know It Will Pass Dont Let It Beat You...i Know Easy Said Then Done At Times, But When We Let It Beat Us It Just Plain Sucks I Think Your Gonna Beat This For Sure And Please Dont Google That Makes Ya Feel Like Ya Have Everything To Most Of Us It Does .....wish Ya The Best,enjoy Your Move, Things Will Get Better............linda

Southern_Belle
02-06-07, 17:11
Hi Fjoergyn,

Hi and welcome to NMP. Congratulations on your job interview. I'm glad you are seeing a doctor to help you through these panic attacks. Counseling also helps if they continue. You have had many changes in so short a time, I'm sure they do not help. You will find alot of people here who are going through the same thing as you and will make many friends.

Hugs,

Laura :)

manmoor
03-06-07, 21:08
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you. xx