PDA

View Full Version : Symtoms back - Sickness and burping.

reddevil
31-05-07, 08:10
Hello all,

For the past 8-10 weeks I have been better with psychologist, family and myself were impressed how I had changed until this Wednesday.

Previously, I suffered with the symptoms of feeling sick, burping and getting a sickness taste, which I was put on medication for sometime and after several weeks things settled (not sure if medication helped or it was me moving onto another symptom).

Well, it has all come back, which I’m not sure if it is anxiety or something, which will need medical attention.

Any advise would be grateful,

Red

JennyW
31-05-07, 08:38
I find when I'm anxious, I get the same symptoms as you. Before my holiday in February, I felt sick, had upset tummy, burping for about 10 days. I visited the pharmacist and they gave me something to help but it was definitely stress related.

reddevil
18-06-07, 18:27
Hi,

I'm just having problems excepting it could be anxiety.

Over the past 6-7 years nausea was not one of my symtoms to arise with this dreaded anxiety and to suffer with it the past three months is worrying.

Red

neptuno
18-06-07, 19:05
Hello Red !
Anxiety wreaks havoc with the digestive system. Tension makes us swallow alot of air when we eat and drink and this causes burping and nausea. Its not life threatening but its very uncomfortable ! Take more time with your meals - don't eat on the hoof - and try to avoid fatty junk stuff. This should help.
Be kind to yourself

reddevil
18-06-07, 21:00
Today I have burped twice and brough up sick in the mouth, this worried me as well.

Red

Nibbles
18-06-07, 22:29
Hi Red,

I don't suffer from health anxiety but do suffer with nausea and sickness. Some mornings when I am anxious I retch and will sometimes be sick but usually feel better afterwards. There are also lots of people I've read about on here who have described exactly the same symptoms as you so I'm sure it is anxiety related.

Hope you feel better soon and don't let this overshadow the progress you've made.

Take care,