PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer scare... again

ellie_C_mason1990
08-08-17, 12:26
Hi everyone
So like every summer whilst wearing less clothes I always find something that suggests to skn cancer to me.

I have a small, circular, slightly raised mark under my breast just under where my bra sits. It's a little darker than my skin, looks dry but smoothish to touch. My first thought was a fungal infection as I've been known to fall asleep in my bra and sweat profusely as I refuse to sleep without a huge duvet.

However my mark does not match what I've seen as fun infections online and it's right in a spot I was burnt frequently as a teenager as I was never great at catching every bit of my stomach when donning my bikini In the summer time. The fact it's slightly raised has worried me, although I have a smaller, similar mark on my actual breast which has never been exposed to sunlight.

I've been doing well with my ha and try to think if I didn't have access to the NHS ,would I pay to get this checked out? I don't want to waste their time when there are patients with more pressing issues.

Anyone had anything like this before? One of the many doctors I have seen in my life said melanomas are nearly always dark in colour or is assymetrical. This is quite raised though and if I rub it, tiny white flakes come off
I have a picture but can't work out how to attach!

Should I just book an appointment?

nicole97
08-08-17, 15:59
I would say set up an appt with a dermatologist. They can tell you if it's a problem and if you STILL don't feel comfortable, they can just take it off. Then you don't have to worry anymore. I wouldn't worry about the slightly raised (unless it wasn't raised before). I have several moles that I've had forever that are slightly raised.

ellie_C_mason1990
09-08-17, 12:01
I live in the UK so I think I would have to pay unless I got referred through my gp?
It wasn't raised before, they are both new, hence the worry!!
Going to the doctors makes me anxious I want to avoid it if I can tbh!