PDA

View Full Version : Bad Memory Anyone

Alabasterlyn
31-05-07, 14:57
I'm really aware the past few months that my memory has got worse and worse and I dont' know if it's anxiety, age or something worse.

My worse thing seems to be when I am cooking dinner, I've lost count of the times I've put something in the oven, under the grill or on the hob and walked off and forgotten about it :ohmy:

For the first time last night when I popped down to the Tesco Express with my partner I actually had to take a list with me as I keep on forgetting what I need. I'm not even talking about buying a full shop as I can't do that, it's just picking up a few odds and ends.

I know if I go to the Dr she will just say it's anxiety, but I do worry it's something like dementia or alzheimers :ohmy:

jacq
31-05-07, 15:44
Hi Alabasterlyn, my memory is also shot to pieces and i have a terrible lack of concentration, i am sure it is linked to my anxiety as it only takes a small panic and i can't think about anything else around me. In the past i have set my kitchen on fire when i forgot the chip pan (luckily a man walking past saw the flames and burst into my house, i am not sure who was the most scared !) yesterday i left some bread in the toaster and totally forgot untill i realised i was surounded by a black mist and even then i couldn't understand why, and today i have been phoning round for car insurance and when i was asked for my home phone number i went blank and had to give them my daughters mobile number that is written down. As your number is not something you usually write down i still can't remember what it is and after the code it is only 4 digits longand i have had the same number for 4 years!!!. I daren't ask anybody as they will think i am round the bend, looks like it is going to be another of those annoying side effects we have to put up with, lol.:wacko:

Jacq x

Alabasterlyn
31-05-07, 16:03
Thanks Jacq, glad it isn't just me. Today I went to turn up the volume of the TV with the remote control and for a few seconds I couldn't figure out which was the volume button :ohmy:

yorkylover
31-05-07, 17:01
your not alone here,I have to write everything down,shopping,what things Iv got to do!!!!I will come on the computer and totally forget what I came on for.I will go to say something and forget what it was!!!:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Piglet
31-05-07, 17:14
Oh good grief how many times do I go upstairs and think what the hell am I up here for?? I have to go back downstairs to remember!! :blush:

And I am so busy checking the backdoor a thousand times that I leave the hob on!!

I have just deleted my whole 'in box' of pm's that I needed for the NMP pamphlet not concentrating on whether I was in my 'in box' or my 'sent box'!!

I'm far too busy remembering things to actually really remember things!!:shrug:

Piglet :flowers:

Piglet
31-05-07, 17:20
Thanks Jacq, glad it isn't just me. Today I went to turn up the volume of the TV with the remote control and for a few seconds I couldn't figure out which was the volume button :ohmy:

Yes but do you take it out thinking it's your mobile???

honeybee3939
31-05-07, 17:27
Hi

I too have a bad memory, ive started to write everything in my diary so i dont forget.:ohmy:

I even called my Hubby "Dave" the other day ! His name is Kevin.......ohhh i dont no how i got myself out of that one !:blush: :blush: :blush: lol

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Piglet
31-05-07, 17:47
Andi - :lisa: :lisa: :lisa:

Alabasterlyn
31-05-07, 18:22
Yes but do you take it out thinking it's your mobile???

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that does sound funny Piglet :D

Hi

I even called my Hubby "Dave" the other day ! His name is Kevin.......ohhh i dont no how i got myself out of that one !:blush: :blush: :blush: lol

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Now if I did that I'd be in real trouble I tell you :ohmy:

Piglet
31-05-07, 18:28
If you spent a day with me hun then you'd go home feeling your life has real clarity after all!!

samc100
01-06-07, 20:27
My memory is in shreds. I got into so much trouble at work cos' I could not remember a thing that I had to devise a system to help me out.

My god-daughter bought me a note book for my birthday cos' she said I forgot everything. I only see her twice a year - her mother must have been moaning about me.

geordie flower
01-06-07, 20:33
hiya, I like to call them ' CRAFT ' moments - Cant Remember A F*****G Thing! lol tracey :) x

Alabasterlyn
02-06-07, 10:07
hiya, I like to call them ' CRAFT ' moments - Cant Remember A F*****G Thing! lol tracey :) x

CRAFT moments, I like that :D

ItWillPass
05-06-07, 00:32
I def think it is anxiety. When I am going through a rough patch I am exactly the same way. I will leave eggs boiling on the stove... food in the oven... Its terrible. Sometimes I freak out that something is really wrong, so I ask myself some questions to make sure I go through all of my old street addresses... phone numbers... i know its pathetic. But just know u arent alone.

jacq
05-06-07, 12:31
Hi All, Just an update, posted last week about my memory lapses and the fact that i couln't remember my home phone number, well i have had to phone the dentist to cancel my friday check-up (yet another missed appointment and still can't face it but thats for another board) and finally found out who's number i have been giving out all these months, thought it sounded familiar when i was dialling it and now realise why nobody has been calling me back, and i bet the dentist has had some pretty confusing calls as i sometimes help out as a breastfeeding telephone advisor :sign20: Have now plucked up the courage to ask hubbie what our number is, he didn't make a comment on my lapse but i'm sure i heard a chuckle as i wrote it down in my diary.

Jacq x

memyselfandi
20-10-07, 23:38
Hi everyone

I have just read a book "mind a users guide" It freaked me out in the first chapter. I bought the book to understand my mind but instead it was about mental illness. The first chapter is about Dementia and Altziemers. I continued reading as my father has dementia, then i read the symptoms and I started with the shakes and since have had increased anxiety, problems sleeping etc.... I read one of the symptoms which was that you forget words when having a conversation. I have done this for at least 12 months. I rely on my wife to remember the word for me. I do admit that the words are usually fancy words or technical words. It is now freaking me out and I keep testing myself on what I did the last day etc.. I am frightened silly that I am starting with what my father has got. Can anyone reasure me as my anxiety is up there... at the moment.

Mark