PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please reassure me

Greg316
08-08-17, 21:40
Hello Everyone,

I'm back again with another whirlwind of anxiety. I had been doing great for many years but my father's pancreatic cancer diagnosis really has knocked me for a loop.

I am petrified to go to the doctor to hear the words that I had to hear for my father, but I'm constantly beset by the idea that I've got cancer now too.

My most recent illness which I think is in my head involves a pain under my very lowest rib in my back and works its way around to the ribs in front (still the lowest ones). This is mostly on my right side, but also happens on my left depending on how I'm sitting.

It's more of a nagging muscular pain that can be palpated. It really feels just like a trigger point; or a sore bruised area, but I don't think there are any trigger points in that area.

Naturally I'm thinking Liver/Pancreatic cancer despite only being 33; but I just can't get it out of my head. I don't want to go to the doctor because of the anxiety; and because every time I go to the doctor they just tell me to lose weight (I am fat).

I've looked up the symptoms, and my skin's not yellow; my eyes aren't yellow; I'm not nauseous; nor do I have fever or fatigue; just the pain.

I think it's probably due to the way I slouch over to the right at work using the mouse; and my stomach fat bunching up; but the anxiety is convincing me that I've got cancer and I'm going to have to tell my mom who is already dealing with my dad's diagnosis.

Thank you so much everyone for your time.

Cece6
08-08-17, 21:56
Hi Greg,

Firstly I'm sorry your guys are going through this with your Dad. We, as a family, have been through Pancreatic Cancer too and it's upsetting. One great thing is the leaps and bounds they have made in medicine with regards to Pancreatic Cancer in recent years. Sending all loving vibes to you.

I'm not a medical expert at all, but there's a very obvious trigger for your anxiety here, and well-justified, but there is a trigger. I am tempted to say that if you can recreate the pain by palpating your skin, then it's probably musculoskeletal, and to do with exactly what you said, posture etc. I recently saw the GP for similar and she basically said my organs were much deeper than where I was pressing (like when they press your stomach at a check-up, pretty deep!)

Have you ever been to the doctor about your anxiety? If not, it might be just the ticket for you right now :hugs:

Greg316
08-08-17, 22:11
Hi Greg,

Firstly I'm sorry your guys are going through this with your Dad. We, as a family, have been through Pancreatic Cancer too and it's upsetting. One great thing is the leaps and bounds they have made in medicine with regards to Pancreatic Cancer in recent years. Sending all loving vibes to you.

I'm not a medical expert at all, but there's a very obvious trigger for your anxiety here, and well-justified, but there is a trigger. I am tempted to say that if you can recreate the pain by palpating your skin, then it's probably musculoskeletal, and to do with exactly what you said, posture etc. I recently saw the GP for similar and she basically said my organs were much deeper than where I was pressing (like when they press your stomach at a check-up, pretty deep!)

Have you ever been to the doctor about your anxiety? If not, it might be just the ticket for you right now :hugs:

Thank you so much for the message; it means a lot to me and I hope everything is going well with your family member who also has PC.

My head thinks that my pain is muscolskeletal too as I can hear cracks and pops when I stretch after getting up, but my anxiety is making me google things all hours of the day.

I've never been to the doctor before about anxiety because in the past I've prided myself (even though it's vanity and not the best thing to do) in toughing out the ups and downs in life.

I realize how foolish I've been as right now I probably do need to see someone; but I've got this new phobia of all doctors after spending so much time in the hospital with my father. They make me a little bit light headed and dizzy feeling just stepping into a office or hospital.

Cece6
08-08-17, 22:24
Not foolish! Rule no.1 - Don't google! Please please please. Have you read the sticky thread 'Dr Google will see you now' - Please do if you haven't already. You can get past this too like many others and the rest who are desperately trying.

You could always request a telephone consultation with your doc first; explain what's going on in terms of anxiety and just let them know how you feel about medical environments, I bet you could even be surprised! A big part of their job is to be accommodating and compassionate.

You don't need to tough it out, cliché it may be but it's ok to not be ok.

Becazican
09-08-17, 02:05
Greg years back i had a sever bout of pancreatitis , they couldnt tell me what it was from so of course being the ha person i am i got to pancreatic cancer. Please dont google, I'm convinced i have als because of dr google but getting back, i had the same pain, believe it or not stress can tighten the muscles and cause that pain, pancreatic cancer is painless until you are a nice yellow color. If your fat forget pancreatic cancer you would be shedding weight like crazy i have a friend who has it right now. I know your fear let it go , also your age is very young for pancreatic cancer, most of them i think almost 80 percent are over 60.
Peace bro

Greg316
09-08-17, 14:51
Bless you all, thank you so much for your replies. God keep us all well!