PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia fear

Drew1994
08-08-17, 23:43
So I'm 23 years old and back in march after being treated with doxycycline for an infection, I started to notice these small pinprick red dots on my upper arms and a few of them by only a few on my legs and lower arms. I went to the doctor and they ran a blood test and she said everything was normal and it was probably the medication, well recently I noticed I had more of the dots on my arms and a few on my legs and taking ibuprofen made them worse. I found out these are called petechae or little small blood clots under the skin and it normally means your platelets are low but mine were normal my doctor said. So I did some more research and it said this is a symptom of leukimia and I'm terrified that's what I have. What should I do? I don't have any other abnormal symptoms except for weight gain.

Fishmanpa
08-08-17, 23:55
So I'm 23 years old and back in march after being treated with doxycycline for an infection, I started to notice these small pinprick red dots on my upper arms and a few of them by only a few on my legs and lower arms. I went to the doctor and they ran a blood test and she said everything was normal and it was probably the medication, well recently I noticed I had more of the dots on my arms and a few on my legs and taking ibuprofen made them worse. I found out (Dr Google) these are called petechae or little small blood clots under the skin and it normally means your platelets are low but mine were normal my doctor said. So I did some more research (Dr. Google) and it said this is a symptom of leukimia and I'm terrified that's what I have. What should I do? I don't have any other abnormal symptoms except for weight gain. (Unless you're growing a tumor the size of a watermelon, you don't gain weight if you have cancer.)

You do realize you reassured yourself right?

Positive thoughts

Drew1994
08-08-17, 23:57
Well it just spooked me

jj1995
09-08-17, 00:37
The thing is with blood cancers is they are easily detectable because all you do is take a blood test and it can tell you.. Unlike other cancer which blood test cant always pick up so you may need a scan etc... You do NOT have leukimia I had the same fear last year with the red dots etc I dunno what caused them and ive still got them but who cares your fine but defo get help for your health anxiety because after the leukimia faze there will be something else you'd worry about its not a nice feeling to think you're ill all the time :(