PDA

View Full Version : lymphoma?

TBPowa
09-08-17, 03:55
i have this swollen lymph node on the side of my neck. it is movable, very hard and completely painless. it has not changed size i think. since it's hard and painless, it is making me absolutely terrified that i have lymphoma, despite it being rare in people my age and that i don't seem to have any symptoms, but i discovered this lump very recently. i have a doctors appointment at the end of summer but i don't have a date yet. i'm not fighting any infection, but i am near my period, and i heard lymph noses could swell before it happens. has anyone lived something similar?

TBPowa
10-08-17, 21:18
update:
it seems like it went down a bit, but the one in the same place on the other side of my neck is starting to swell. it feels exactly like the other one. i am so scared that the "lymphoma" developed in another node, i am panicking.
i cannot see a doctor until they call me at the end of summer, and i can't schedule an appointment soon.
i know you all aren't doctors, but has anyone else had something similar?
no pressure, but i would like a little reassurance

ShaunRyder
10-08-17, 21:34
I have two lymph nodes I can feel either side of my neck, pea sized and movable, when I first found them years ago I really worried and I kept poking them and made them swell up.

SeagullTerror
11-08-17, 01:47
You'd be surprised how many people come on this site and ask about lymphoma. Chances are, you don't have lymphoma. Lymph nodes swell up for no reason sometimes. How old are you exactly? :huh:

Thelegend27
11-08-17, 17:22
i too have palpable lymph nodes in my neck <2cm, and same as you i freaked out, i blew this forum up with my fears of cancer, but after having an ultrasound and complete blood count i was told im fine, it didnt help much as i still worried myself sick, id sit around and poke and prod them like crazy, and the same as you they were painless, firm, moveable, and didnt change in size, here i am nearly 1 year later and they are still there nothing has changed and i rarely even think about them anymore. and from what ive read lymphoma is one of the more common cancers among young adults, im not trying to scare you because statistically you have a 0.4% of it being cancer according to research, however when it comes to cancer the worst thing to be is dismissive, because early detection is key to beating it. my nodes are about 3 fingers width from my collarbone i ahve 4 total palpable nodes 2 on the right side of my neck and 2 on the left, so hopefully you can relate to this post and find comfort in it. my advice to you is see a doctor get a few tests and when you get the all clear please let it go, i spent months worrying myself sick for no reason. good luck.

Fishmanpa
11-08-17, 17:48
my advice to you is see a doctor get a few tests and when you get the all clear please let it go

Unfortunately, paid or not, with HA, reassurance is only a band aid over an open gash. The fear returns or moves onto something else. The OP is seeing the doctor in a few weeks and as with 99.9% of the posts and fears here, it's not something to be concerned about.

Positive thoughts