PDA

View Full Version : Chocking feeling all day

Astrid
18-11-04, 19:17
Hello everyone....
Just been havinga bit of a bad day today... don't understand why.. but I've been feeling that I can't take any deep breths if I wan to (only occasionaly do i manage) and I have a lump in my throat.... not only that but I feel that my right side of my face is real tense.... doctor sais that it's just nerves.. but i sometimes just feel that i'm the only one with these nerves...

jill
18-11-04, 19:56
Hi Astrid,

Sorry to her you are having a bad day,
Please Astrid don't think you are alone
with these symotoms because your not.
I have has this one and I know how
scary it can be.
How long have you had it for?
I know in time it WILL go away.

TAKE CARE JILLXXX

Astrid
18-11-04, 20:04
Hello Jill. Thnks for your message... i've been feeling like this all day. Went to the doctor and he just said that it was stress.. .but my muscle on the right side of my face is tensing more and more... and i just can't control the chocking feeling today.. usually it only happens for a little while.. but these just won't stop!
am just so fed up tonight and worried that the syptoms won't go away!

xxx astrid

seh1980
18-11-04, 20:11
hello Astrid,

My face often gets tense when I feel panicky and I also get the lump in my throat feeling. They're just basic symptoms of anxiety. Don't worry, these symptoms can't harm you and no, you're not alone!!

Sarah :D

jill
18-11-04, 20:30
Hello again Astrid,

You say usually it only last for a little while,
keep telling yourself that it is only going to
last for a bit and it will go,
The more you worry about a symptom the
more it will keep a hold on you.

It WILL go Astrid.

LOVE JILLXXX

Meg
18-11-04, 21:02
Astrid

A swig of water or ice chips laced with a couple of drops rescue remedy may help the lump - which is globus hystericus. Just a tense muscle in your throat which will relax when you do !! Not harmful in the slightest .

Facial tense muscles are also common . Practice tensing up all the muscles of your face and pulling a contorted face, holding this for count of 4 and then relaxing them all simulataneously 5 times in a row.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance