PDA

View Full Version : Had a massage today and they found something...doctors this afternoon

breeze25
10-08-17, 12:14
Feeling a little anxious and thought I'd book a message to help me relax. 😳

Booked a whole hour and within the first 15 she said to me she noticed my lower back pertruded out on my left hand (just round The back from my hip) and urged me to go and see a doctor. ☹️

I spent the next 45 mins wishing it to be over so I could go and call the doctor, luckily I managed to get an appointment today which was a fluke. I've not googled as it won't do any good, but I'm so anxious I feel like I'm going to be sick.

My husband never noticed it before, it's not painful but visibly sticks out.

I'm supposed to be going on holiday tomorrow🙈

girlrock
10-08-17, 13:22
Could it be scoliosis ? I have scoliosis since my early teen years and one side of my bKc is higher than the other and one hip sticks out farther than the other.

Catherine S
10-08-17, 15:02
Just what I was thinking. Scoliosis...a curviture of the spine, can make other parts of the skeleton attached to it change shape a little. If the lower spine has a slight curve in it then the pelvic bones can be slightly out of line too.

Like Girlrock, my spine has a slight curviture and I do exercises at home that a physio' gave me some years ago to strengthen the muscles around my spine, mostly to stop it getting any worse as I get older. It's nothing sinister, and massages can really help too.

ScaredLizard
10-08-17, 16:43
No body is perfectly even on both sides. Could be anything from Scoliosis to your pelvis being slightly out of alignment. Or it could be 100% normal for your body

One of my hands is slightly bigger than the other. My kids feet aren't the same size. It's pretty common