PDA

View Full Version : Paratyphoid/Typhoid fever??

purplewitch
10-08-17, 18:17
Hey so,basically,I eat out a lot,and go to restaurants a lot and this is the main reason why I'm so scared of this.
So about two days ago,I had a bit of what I think was mucus in my stool.I mean I really don't know what it was because it looked brown...and sticky...
Anywho,I went straight to google and dr google says that food poisoning can cause mucus in the stool. I eat A LOT of chicken,and other things too,but mostly chicken alllll the time,even when I order at restaurants. I'm scared that I got Salmonella off of the chicken I eat. And Salmonella is what causes Typhoid and Paratypoid fever....
I live in the US and have heard of it happening a lot in developing countries,but why does that mean that it can't happen here? I'm scared that there is an unknown outbreak and that people who handle my food have typhoid...any help would be appreciated
and of course my stomach has been hurting for the past 2 days...right around the time when i looked up what typhoid fever is....ugh

Fishmanpa
10-08-17, 23:15
anyone?

You should write fiction PWitch. That is quite an imaginary scenario your anxiety put into your mind ;) Seriously though... Patient zero of an unknown outbreak of a very uncommon bacteria? Does it happen? Sure it does, but health services are quick to act, locate the source and quell it. Just stay away from Chipotle' and you'll be fine :)

Positive thoughts

purplewitch
11-08-17, 01:59
You should write fiction PWitch. That is quite an imaginary scenario your anxiety put into your mind ;) Seriously though... Patient zero of an unknown outbreak of a very uncommon bacteria? Does it happen? Sure it does, but health services are quick to act, locate the source and quell it. Just stay away from Chipotle' and you'll be fine :)

Positive thoughts

Isnt it also true that the disease im worried about isnt as common in the US?