PDA

View Full Version : High BP

roseanxiety
10-08-17, 19:54
How can I tell if my increased BP is from anxiety? The more I think about it the more anxious I get . And having palpitations along with it. Too scared to go to doctor .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77
10-08-17, 20:20
Take BP immediately after waking up. If it's still high then you really should push yourself to visit doctor's office.

Think you should edit title of thread too :shrug:

roseanxiety
10-08-17, 20:26
Take BP immediately after waking up. If it's still high then you really should push yourself to visit doctor's office.

Think you should edit title of thread too :shrug:

lol thank you ! I just noticed .

Fishmanpa
10-08-17, 20:28
The BP? White coat syndrome typically. I don't suggest home monitoring as the self checking behavior will only serve to dig you deeper into the rabbit hole.

For the BO? shower and an antiperspirant/deodorant ;)

Positive thoughts

melfish
10-08-17, 20:30
I clicked on this link to find out about your body odour :roflmao:

roseanxiety
10-08-17, 20:40
I clicked on this link to find out about your body odour :roflmao:

Haha. BO is fine . BP is not.

melfish
10-08-17, 20:47
I have white coat syndrome too. My BP is normally low (usually around 100/65, sometimes lower), but jumps up to normal or above when I'm in the doctor's office. And my heart rate, oh my goodness. My resting pulse is about 63 at home (if I'm not super anxious like I am atm). In the doctor's office, it can go as high as 130

yeti
11-08-17, 00:28
Hi, so 2 nights ago I thought ab taking my BP around 11pm. Big mistake- since I had anxiety over health for the past month. It read 160/ 107 ... holly f...k, I freaked then took it again and it was even higher lol- I refused to go to bed until I was certain that is anxiety / panic related. So over the next 2 hours I kept taking it while trying to cool down and it did eventually go to 130/84..... even though still high it was heaven to me lol.
To answer your question- anxiety can most definitely raise your BP and send you into freak out mode. Hope you feel better.