PDA

View Full Version : Heart issues?

Hypomean
10-08-17, 22:05
I woke up this morning at 9 am I felt a crushing chest pain and fell back to sleep. Last night I had sufferred bad gas pains I though it was due to that. And I woke up again about 2 hours ago. Annnd as I'm having breakfast i experienced shortness of breath feeling along with palpitations, followed by my neck pulsing very hard with my heart beat, I checked my pulse it was a little bit off by having an extra beat in it. But the added thing is that my whole chest aches, and it feels difficult to breath, it's sort of choppy. I started to yawn repeatedly. Then this huge emotion washed over me that I was going to die. My hands are trembling. I feel exhausted now as I'm finishing this post up. And also my arms ache bad when I use them, like typing this out is making my shoulders hurt.

Last night I kept dreaming that my health is bad. And we had a family reunion this past weekend because an aunt of ours is not doing well she is elderly. And she my favorite aunt, she's similar to Betty white in her character, and she had this thing where she would sigh randomly and in a shaky manner, she would grab at her chest that would give me anxiety thinking she was dying on us. She said she had brought up the issue to her doctor and that the doctor said it happens and nothing to be worried about. But still the way she reacts by clutching her chest is scary. So this could be fueling my anxiety

I slept on the floor could this have caused some discomfort on my arms and chest? And that's what caused the initial chest pain. Or the way my whole body is reacting is it a sign that it's my heart. Pulmonary hypertension crossed my mind too. It's just in the way my seem to feel like they inflate and I half an issue emptying out my lungs to get that inflated feeling away and then it's just followed by the achy chest. :(

Blah I had a panic attack. My husband doesn't care when I go through them. He just leaves the room. I'm afraid that one day it will be a real emergency and he's just going to ignore it.

ServerError
10-08-17, 22:33
Your very last sentence is arguably the most revealing part of your post. It's clear that you're wrestling with existential fears and that you are living as if any twinge or any sensation could be what finally takes you. Would you agree with this?

I think lots of us - anxiety or not - have some fear of what might happen to us "one day". But those thoughts can make you a prisoner if you let them. I know because they got me at one time. You're obviously in the middle of a terrible spiral, rooted in thought, but with plenty of physical symptoms too.

I'm sure you've told me before, but what help are you getting? Are you being this open with a professional who could help you?

Fishmanpa
10-08-17, 23:05
Take a look at this post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189532) from October of last year. Sounds strikingly similar. Obviously there were no physical issues then now now IMO. Waking with chest pain exasperated by a stressful situation which causes panic and physical symptoms.

Positive thoughts

Hypomean
11-08-17, 07:35
Your very last sentence is arguably the most revealing part of your post. It's clear that you're wrestling with existential fears and that you are living as if any twinge or any sensation could be what finally takes you. Would you agree with this?

I think lots of us - anxiety or not - have some fear of what might happen to us "one day". But those thoughts can make you a prisoner if you let them. I know because they got me at one time. You're obviously in the middle of a terrible spiral, rooted in thought, but with plenty of physical symptoms too.

I'm sure you've told me before, but what help are you getting? Are you being this open with a professional who could help you?

I do agree with you. Every. Single. Thing. I feel that I have no clue what it is I instantly get scared it's a thing that will kill me. Right now I experienced a major head rush that caused my heart to beat hard and my head to hurt. And I feel exhausted from it. I'm here thinking this is it. It's tiring being like this.

Right now I have no insurance so I'm just doing what my therapists suggested I do. And I will be trying to see if I can get a hold a prescription for the meds I was on. Prozac and Xanax.

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

Take a look at this post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189532) from October of last year. Sounds strikingly similar. Obviously there were no physical issues then now now IMO. Waking with chest pain exasperated by a stressful situation which causes panic and physical symptoms.

Positive thoughts

I remember that day... not exactly what I've been feeling lately. But it's a good thing that I see that yes indeed I'm still alive.

deejaay2
11-08-17, 08:06
I do agree with you. Every. Single. Thing. I feel that I have no clue what it is I instantly get scared it's a thing that will kill me. Right now I experienced a major head rush that caused my heart to beat hard and my head to hurt. And I feel exhausted from it. I'm here thinking this is it. It's tiring being like this.

Right now I have no insurance so I'm just doing what my therapists suggested I do. And I will be trying to see if I can get a hold a prescription for the meds I was on. Prozac and Xanax.

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 ----------

I remember that day... not exactly what I've been feeling lately. But it's a good thing that I see that yes indeed I'm still alive.

Oh my God, I've experienced the same thing earlier. I'm still nervous. Thinking that I'm about to faint or die. Scary. :weep:

Thelegend27
11-08-17, 17:02
could be anxiety, could be an arrythimia, could be a heart attack, could be alot of things. when you're having symtops that involve the heart its best to see a doctor and not come to the internet. im not trying to scare you, but im not going to sit here a =nd try to calm your fears and it turn out to be something serious that you could've treated earlier. see a doctor asap, when it comes to the heart theres no time for the waiting game, the sooner you get treatment the better off you will be. is it a heart attack you're wondering, maybe not and most of the time its not, but its best to be safe than sorry.

Fishmanpa
11-08-17, 17:43
could be anxiety, could be an arrythimia, could be a heart attack, could be alot of things. when you're having symtops that involve the heart its best to see a doctor and not come to the internet. im not trying to scare you, but im not going to sit here a =nd try to calm your fears and it turn out to be something serious that you could've treated earlier. see a doctor asap, when it comes to the heart theres no time for the waiting game, the sooner you get treatment the better off you will be. is it a heart attack you're wondering, maybe not and most of the time its not, but its best to be safe than sorry.

I'm sorry but that was truly unnecessary. No reason to cast that amount of uncertainty and fear into the OP! :mad:

Positive thoughts