PDA

View Full Version : Food allergy, underlying condition, or HA?

enhenry25
11-08-17, 02:47
I have had a host of different problems that I have obsessed over for the past three years. Those being, IBS, headaches, stiff neck, foamy urine, and the most recent... When I wake up early at all (maybe its because Im not sleeping long enough) I feel "hungover feeling" almost all day. My head pounds and I convince myself that I have some other kind of issue such as an food intolerance or autoimmune disorder.

I have had comprehensive bloodwork, 2 brain MRI's and even a colonoscopy. I have also had food allergy testing and am awaiting the results.

My questions:
1. What steps can I be taking to overcome these issues if they are anxiety related?

2. Do these symptoms sound like HA? Should I have other tests done? Diets? ETC?

3. Eye floaters are the most annoying thing in the world. is there any way to make them go away?

4. Will sleeping less actually make me feel this odd hungover feeling? It is sometimes so bad that I can't even concentrate to read a full paragraph of a sentence.

Thank you in advance,

Henry

---------- Post added 11-08-17 at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was 10-08-17 at 23:54 ----------

Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you

Annaboodle
11-08-17, 10:09
I have chronic insomnia and most nights sleep about 3 hours. Yes it can make you feel hungover, disorientated, stressed, anxious, irritable, causes visual and aural disturbances (eye floaters, echoey hearing, etc), make you unable to concentrate on a sentence etc... How bad is your sleeping?

I find it's worse if I'm dehydrated. How much water do you drink in a day?

Do all the tests you've had reassure you at all? In terms of next steps you can take, have you had any treatment for your health anxiety? I would read your previous posts to see, but I'm too tired! lol. Seriously, I'm having trouble typing. Self-referral for CBT was a good first step for me. Though it took me a long time to actually really commit to it and also to truly invest my energies into getting better. I found that my health anxiety was bizarrely difficult to say goodbye to - I'd invested so much in it for so long. I know that sounds daft.

Take care.