PDA

View Full Version : Physically cold feet?

BikerMatt
11-08-17, 00:57
I know that anxiety can cause cold feelings in your feet and hands, but can it cause them to actually be physically cold? My feet have been freezing to the touch for a few weeks.

Thanks

Vega
11-08-17, 01:13
My understanding is that it is possible, just from reduced blood flow alone, such as if more blood is being directed towards your heart, as in the fight/flight/freeze response.

Cold feet and hands, and sometimes just feeling chilled in general are definitely part of anxiety for me.

Buster70
11-08-17, 22:21
Not following you around but I'm sitting here with my feet on the dog they are that cold , anxiety does slow the blood flow to your extremities i.e. Nose feet fingers , if I get on my exercise bike the blood flows and everything warms back up , plus it's summer so it is cold :D

BikerMatt
11-08-17, 23:06
Not following you around but I'm sitting here with my feet on the dog they are that cold , anxiety does slow the blood flow to your extremities i.e. Nose feet fingers , if I get on my exercise bike the blood flows and everything warms back up , plus it's summer so it is cold :D

I know your not following me around, as I can see you now, look out your window and tell me if my rain mac suits me :shades: Oh and nice dog buster :yesyes:

Cheers guys, I'm waiting for an urgent referral due to many symptoms and cold feet is one of them. They are that cold I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks and have a bot water hottle on them.