PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations Felt In Neck - Is This Ok?

Panic1971
01-06-07, 12:52
I am really stressing at the minute - got a big wedding tomorrow.

Anyway, I have had really bad palpitations (or thats what I think it is). My heart was racing really really fast, it felt like it was going to come right out of my chest. It felt really loud as well. I could also feel the beating in my neck really bad. Is this normal???

Please, please help - feel really sick, cannot eat - dont know if it is excitement or panic.

Thanks

geordie flower
01-06-07, 13:38
Hiya, yes it sounds like panic to me, what you felt in yor neck would just be your pulse cos its quite prominent there, i often get it where i can actually see my heart pounding through my chest. I find that if i just sit quietly and concentrate and my breathing it eventually slows down, hope this helps :) tracey x

Alabasterlyn
01-06-07, 14:48
You have pulse points all over your body, so yes it's quite normal to notice them when you are stressed. I often notice the one in my stomach when I'm lying in the bath. I even went to the Dr about it once as I convinced myself it was an aortic aneurism :ohmy: He reassured me that it's quite normal to notice this kind of thing if you don't have much fat on you and most people would notice this kind of thing if they were on constant high alert looking for things to worry about.

Hope you have a nice time at the wedding :)

samc100
01-06-07, 14:56
Hi - I agree with the others. It's panic. Try to do your deep breathing for a few mins to level yourself and can you find something to get your mind of it? E.g. a trashy magazine to read with a nice drink?

looking4answers
03-06-07, 08:45
Apparently its normal. I have had this everyday of my life.Its a normal daily adventure ,mostly at night when im trying to sleep..It happens a lot and well as I was telling someone else in another post I have been here 52 years and been having the same 52 years expecting to drop dead with everything I do or every strenous thing I do and every place I go..Know what? Its been a lot of worry for nothing.. also if you are going to drop dead then there is nothing you can do about it.. so stop worrying get on with life and if you are having what you say you are forget it ..there are many that have the same thing..good luck to you and dont worry be happy ..