PDA

View Full Version : Another new obsession

Debden
11-08-17, 11:31
Pains in both my sides. I bend down a lot at work so I'm guessing it's coming from my lower back. It's all across my lower back and both sides and start when I walk/bend. But obviously it's a dangerous clot that's moving slowly 🙄 Also reflux is still making an appearance

Thelegend27
11-08-17, 16:52
the good ole clot fear, i've been there. i once had some swelling in my left leg with redness of a vein and all i had every symptom of a clot, but after several tests it turned out to not be a clot thankfully, the doc said it must be some sort of infection, it cleared in a weeks time. you could always get a d-dimer test its fast and accurate. but theres alot of things that causes the sides to hurt but obviously we jump to the worst, but in reality its likely to be muscle related. also your ribs are made of cartlidge and these can become inflamed which also causes pain, ive had rib pains and even chest wall pain likely due to inflammation because all the heart tests came back normal even a chest xray so the doc blamed inflammation. if its causing alot of stress a trip to the doc or er wouldnt hurt at least ease your mind.

Fishmanpa
11-08-17, 17:59
if its causing alot of stress a trip to the doc or er wouldnt hurt at least ease your mind.

The last few replies I find questionable. Yes, a doctor is the best source for medical advice BUT, going to the doctor just for reassurance that won't last benefits no one but the doctor's pocket. You've been on the forum long enough to see the reassurance pattern. Paid or not, reassurance is like a band aid over an open gash.

Now... if the OP was in excruciating pain and his leg was swelling, a trip to the doctor would be prudent and if it's that serious, I don't believe someone would be posting on an anxiety forum waiting for answers :lac:

Positive thoughts

Debden
11-08-17, 18:06
No my legs been sore before for months it was a bad muscl and I've had my heart checked that many times it's just the anxiety. It's always the anxiety. It's never goes for more than a day

Fishmanpa
11-08-17, 18:07
No my legs been sore before for months it was a bad muscl and I've had my heart checked that many times it's just the anxiety. It's always the anxiety. It's never goes for more than a day

Are you doing anything to treat it? Meds? Therapy?

Positive thoughts

ServerError
11-08-17, 18:44

You can't wish anxiety away. Nor can you just wait for it to leave. It always comes back.

But you can be completely free of it in time, if you take the necessary steps. Many of been where you are and made a full recovery. It's surprising how many users never post on this forum anymore. A lot of them get better and it just slips away from their mind.

The starting point is to get referred for therapy, and to talk the idea of medication over with your GP.

ChildOfTheKing
12-08-17, 05:44
Considering the pain stretches from the sides to the lower back it sounds muscular, as you mentioned you bend over a lot. Put some heat & see if it helps some. Maybe go for a massage.