PDA

View Full Version : Worried about crying at wedding

totley_girl
11-08-17, 12:37
Hi,

I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding tomorrow. I'm terrified of crying as I always cry at weddings. People laugh at me becuase of it.

I have to walk down the aisle to the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually,
which will definitely make me cry.

The brides mum died a few years ago which is already going to make the day emotional. Has anyone got any advice.

Thanks,

EZibie
11-08-17, 13:13
Hi Welcome to NMP
Your gonna do just great at the wedding. You sound like some who is sensitive and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being that way, lots of people are. It's ok to have feelings and emotions and even ok to cry at weddings, people do it all the time. Try not to worry too much with what others may or may not think. Enjoy your time there and all the feelings and emotions that go along with the event. Sounds like it will be a very special day :)
EZ

Darksky
11-08-17, 13:55
It will not matter if you cry, you won't be the only one. Tuck a hanky up your sleeve or wherever and laugh if you do cry. Laugh and make a joke about it. Slap on the waterproof mascara and enjoy it :)

Catherine S
11-08-17, 14:20
If you're known to be sensitive in these situations then the bride is obviously ok with it, she asked you to be a bridesmaid after all. Everybody cries at weddings including the brides and grooms..it's what people do, it's normal. Have a great day :flowers:

eeyorelover
11-08-17, 20:50
If you feel like crying then cry. There is no shame in it and I'm sure you won't be the only one there that cries. Sensitivity is beautiful!
Don't give power to the fear.
I know it will be a wonderful day for everyone who attends.
xxx

Amayatylor
13-08-17, 22:15
I just wanna say that there is nothing wrong if you cry there :)

MariosK39
20-09-17, 14:55
Hi,

I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding tomorrow. I'm terrified of crying as I always cry at weddings. People laugh at me becuase of it.

I have to walk down the aisle to the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually,
which will definitely make me cry.

The brides mum died a few years ago which is already going to make the day emotional. Has anyone got any advice.

Thanks,

So, what if you cry? I don't understand your problem. I don't think anyone will mind.