PDA

View Full Version : I've never done this before

Kitmarie
11-08-17, 16:59
Hi...
I have been suffering from anxiety and OCD for about 9yrs. I think I may have always had it, just became much more severe after having my child. I am really struggling with "if this happens, then this will happen". Rationally I know my thoughts do not control events, but I still struggle with it. Just hoping to connect with others who relate. Thanks!

venusbluejeans
11-08-17, 17:06
Hiya Kitmarie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
13-08-17, 17:52
Afternoon Kitmarie, well I definitely cannot connect biologically but I can mentally. Like yourself I've lived with the specter of anxiety and panic. The best advice I can give as a follow sufferer is seek some professional help. A counselor or therapist is a good first line of defense to establish.

Next learn to accept what you're feeling, show love and compassion to those fears and let them go. Within the site there are helps for establishing a meditative mindset where you learn to love the person you are and by learning to do that, your confidence in taking care of that little will grow.

I'm not a mother, just a dad and granddad. And I understand the fear associated with raising a young life. So take care of yourself, so in turn you care can of your child. Best to you Kitmarie on both your journeys.

lesliehanson
13-08-17, 20:32
Hello Kitmarie! And welcome to our forum. You can always ask people here about everything you want and we will help you