PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot fear again

Jotia
11-08-17, 20:05
I got this a few weeks back and thought nothing of it but now it's back and I'm worried this time. I keep getting this tight cramping pain in my leg. It feels like it's in the side of my calf but also in the bottom of my back at the same time sometimes (like just above my left butt cheek) it's not really painful just uncomfortable because it feels tight. Also I looked in the mirror and that side of my calf where it's hurting I can clearly see blue veins going up my leg, and I can't see any viens on that part of my other leg. Of course I googled pulling feeling in leg muscles thinking it would just say it's a pulled muscle but no it came up with blood clot so now I'm freaking out, convinced I'm gunna die. I notice it more when sitting down compared to walking about which seems odd.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Anyone? It feels like it's getting worse :/

anx mum
11-08-17, 22:10
Hi hun I had this fear about a week ago had pain going down my calf and had pain in my chest I off course thought blood clot. Went to a and e they told me not to worry they said it would be swollen red and hot to touch and not be able to walk on it of course I didn't believe them. I was so scared but when I stopped worrying about pain it went. Now I'm still getting chest pains with gp think its health anxiety. I know from my experience saying don't worry is not gonna reassure u but honestly I think your leg would be twice as big

ChildOfTheKing
12-08-17, 05:37
One thing I've learned in this HA journey is to not consult Dr. Google (though still guilty of it sometimes!). It never ends well.

Your mention of feeling it both in the leg & lower back makes me think sciatica. I have dealt with this before as well & it can be pretty painful. Sometimes it can come in waves too, as you mentioned you had it a few weeks ago & then it went away. By all means get checked for peace of mind, as we cannot diagnose you. But it does sound like what I was feeling some time ago.